Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model 3 Order Tracking Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I received the text that my car SHOULD leave the factory on 12/24. Sitting down to dinner with my family on 12/24 I get a call from Tesla at 4:00pm saying they don’t know if it will be delivered by my 12/26 @ 10:30 am Appt. (For the record the staff at the delivery center was PHENOMENAL-not there fault production is out of wack)

Moved my Appt o 12/26 to 2:00pm with the hopes it will be in SD in time. Email from service center at 5:00pm in 12/25said the car technically hadn’t left the factory yet. Hoping It will make my rescheduled Appt. The final payment has been made and I have an out of town family wedding this week/weekend that I’m heading out of town for immediately after my pick up Appt.
Just got a call from the delivery center - the car arrived over night and I pick up at 1pm!

Order Date: Dec. 10, 2019
Model Ordered: M3 SR+/RWD/Pearl White exterior/B&W interior/19" Silver wheels
Tesla Account VIN?: Yes
Tesla Account VIN date: Dec. 23, 2019
Source Code VIN?: 5YJ3EXXX
Source Code VIN date: Dec. 23, 2019
Source Code VIN matches the final VIN?: Yes
Delivery date: Dec. 27, 2019

I didn't mention this delivery date was "tentative." Delivery set for the Palm Springs Tesla Center.

I received a call from Tesla, today Dec. 26 around 9am asking to schedule pickup immediately because my car is ready.

I had to schedule for later today because I'm still at work! Extremely excited and hoping everyone else gets their late Christmas gift in time to qualify for the Tax Credit.

Update, Tesla just texted me saying the my Tesla will be coming out of the factory later than expected and they have rescheduled my delivery appointment from 26th to the following day 27th. Honestly, worst customer service experience for a $50+K purchase. I was clear with them 26th was my last possible day. Not sure what I'm going to do now. Beyond frustrated.

In a miracle beyond miracles, Tesla assigned me a VIN (maybe yesterday?? saw it today) and they called to confirm my new delivery time of tomorrow. I asked if the car was done and, if so, could they move the delivery appt back to today. The (very nice) rep calling from their Las Vegas location (helping out for the holiday push) checked with Fremont delivery and said...yes they could. So....

...taking delivery here at home in Campbell in a few hours. Let's go.

I just got a call from Costa Mesa Delivery. The truck which has my car, is stuck somewhere and my delivery today has been cancelled and rescheduled for tomorrow.
I'm supposed to pick up from Costa Mesa tomorrow. Still no MVPA or VIN on my account, though. Called the delivery center and they said it'll probably get pushed back. Good luck getting yours tomorrow!

NO VIN, NO TXT, Nothing. SA just keep saying, "We are waiting your VIN bla bla..."

I am purchasing a car, not praying for a car to God. Tesla acts like God to give miracle to one and give deep pain to me watching one get a car with exactly same configuration in same region ordered one month later.

This is so painful and not acceptable. I am leaving this forum for my inner peace.

I'm supposed to pick up from Costa Mesa tomorrow. Still no MVPA or VIN on my account, though. Called the delivery center and they said it'll probably get pushed back. Good luck getting yours tomorrow!
What is your purchase date and what is the appointment date? My appointment date is 12/29 and I purchased 11/27.... still no vin for me. You think they’re going to push it back?

What is your purchase date and what is the appointment date? My appointment date is 12/29 and I purchased 11/27.... still no vin for me. You think they’re going to push it back?
I have a somewhat exceptional case. My purchase date is 12/22. I received the text on 12/24 with a delivery date of 12/27. I feel pretty confident that I won't be picking up tomorrow.

Just log in and got a VIN and was able to get Tesla insurance as well. Asked me to submit payment due via ACH. Looks like all is set for me to pick up on Saturday. That said never got a call from anyone at MDR.

Order Date: Dec. 1, 2019
Model Ordered: M3 LR+/AWD/Midnight Silver/Black interior/18" aero wheels
Tesla Account VIN: Yes
Tesla Account VIN date: Dec. 26, 2019
Source Code VIN?: Yes
Source Code VIN date: Dec. 26, 2019
Source Code VIN matches the final VIN?: Yes
Delivery date: Dec. 28, 2019 in Marina del Rey
Insurance thru Tesla: Yes... quote was within minutes. Better than other quotes I got from other companies.