Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model 3 Order Tracking Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone from July orders hoping to get their VINs this week? Fingers crossed and really hoping for the VIN this week.

Not quite July, but I ordered on August 11th in Montreal, Canada and got my VIN & Delivery date set yesterday, from a Tesla advisor phone call. It's not even on my reservation page yet, and it's a good deal faster than expected (4-7 weeks were quoted).

It was a SR+ DSB and 19s.

Hope you get yours soon!

California seems to be the slowest for VIN matching and delivery scheduling. Ordered 6/26 in Los Angeles White/Black LR AWD, nearing 9 weeks this Friday. No VIN or updates from SA, was just told to rely on the automated messages and that they didn’t have information on my build cause it’s all random. Got an automated text saying 2-5 weeks from delivery on 8/19. Seems like it may end up being longer than 12 weeks which is insane.

Congrats! When did you get final payment request, delivery appointment, and VIN?

July 11: Order placed. Estimated delivery was 4-8 weeks
August 10: Automated text saying to anticipate the car arriving "3-6 weeks from today"
August 14 or 15: Account page asked for final payment
August 16: Text from delivery center saying the car was on its way and to schedule delivery day
August 17: Got VIN through text (I had been checking my tesla account page and source code almost daily and it had not shown up before this day)

Reactions: artdawg
California seems to be the slowest for VIN matching and delivery scheduling. Ordered 6/26 in Los Angeles White/Black LR AWD, nearing 9 weeks this Friday. No VIN or updates from SA, was just told to rely on the automated messages and that they didn’t have information on my build cause it’s all random. Got an automated text saying 2-5 weeks from delivery on 8/19. Seems like it may end up being longer than 12 weeks which is insane.

Wake up Elon,

this horrendous wait time is only hurting the brand.

2+ months to wait for a domestically built car?

Tell me about it, seems a bit ridiculous seeing cars get sent East without giving earlier orders a priority. On top of that a smaller frunk without the heat pump being added? Feels bad man.

Not sure how much a priority East Coast is getting. I have a 7/15 order in NY and nothing yet, completely in the dark. Getting kind of ridiculous all around.

Wake up Elon,

this horrendous wait time is only hurting the brand.

2+ months to wait for a domestically built car?

Definitely not a good look for Tesla whether they realize it or not. Family and friends keep asking if I got the car yet or when it's coming and I just say "nope and I have no idea when I'll get it." Everyone is shocked that you can order a car and have literally 0 communication from the manufacturer for months.