Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model 3 Order Tracking Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure how much a priority East Coast is getting. I have a 7/15 order in NY and nothing yet, completely in the dark. Getting kind of ridiculous all around.

Definitely not a good look for Tesla whether they realize it or not. Family and friends keep asking if I got the car yet or when it's coming and I just say "nope and I have no idea when I'll get it." Everyone is shocked that you can order a car and have literally 0 communication from the manufacturer for months.
I feel you on this, it’s really not the best feeling and we end up sounding impatient to the people in charge of your delivery when it’s really the lack of real updates and communication that makes us feel the need to check in all the time.

I feel you on this, it’s really not the best feeling and we end up sounding impatient to the people in charge of your delivery when it’s really the lack of real updates and communication that makes us feel the need to check in all the time.

Agreed! My SA was so on top of the emailing after I had booked my test drive, and before ordering my SR+ but then as soon as I actually ordered the darn thing, it's been radio silence. I've emailed him twice (to not seem overly impatient) and it's been nothing but silence.

Ordered M3 LR+ (Red, Black interior) on 7/18 initial delivery 4~8 weeks
Got a text on 8/6 - 5~8 weeks
then another text on 8/19 - 1~4 weeks

still no VIN. :/

Same configuration and order date here. My text on the 19th said 2 to 5 weeks. Curious.. are you on east coast?

I keep checking the source code although, from looking at the forum here, it doesn't seem that Tesla always updates their site and many have to call to get VIN. So I've been a little annoying to my delivery guy lol.

California seems to be the slowest for VIN matching and delivery scheduling. Ordered 6/26 in Los Angeles White/Black LR AWD, nearing 9 weeks this Friday. No VIN or updates from SA, was just told to rely on the automated messages and that they didn’t have information on my build cause it’s all random. Got an automated text saying 2-5 weeks from delivery on 8/19. Seems like it may end up being longer than 12 weeks which is insane.
Not sure how much a priority East Coast is getting. I have a 7/15 order in NY and nothing yet, completely in the dark. Getting kind of ridiculous all around.

Definitely not a good look for Tesla whether they realize it or not. Family and friends keep asking if I got the car yet or when it's coming and I just say "nope and I have no idea when I'll get it." Everyone is shocked that you can order a car and have literally 0 communication from the manufacturer for months.

I would call Tesla and ask for an update - we never get a reply to text messages so we started calling the local store to get updates. They can pull up your reservation number! The day we finally called we were pleasantly surprised to find out ours was being painted that day. Called 2 days later and was told it was on a train to Chicago! YAY

Reached out to my service center about when to expect a VIN and this is what I was told, sounds like anyone else in the KC area or Midwest will start seeing some progress here in the next week or so:

"We are actually forecasting VIN assignment for your account sometime next week. Typically, VINs are assigned while the vehicle is still at the factory and take ~3 weeks to arrive in Kansas City. Our normal shipment method is via rail from CA to Chicago, then via truck from Chicago down to Kansas City, and when the car is on the rail headed to Chicago you are typically sent an automated text to schedule your delivery appointment."

I ordered a SR+ white/black with 19s on 7/6. Last I heard was a 2-5 week text on 8/19. I'm in CT so I'll have to go to Mt. Kisco, NY for delivery.
I'm seeing some LR activity with VINs on this thread but not much SR+. Have any new SR+ builds been delivered in the US recently? Maybe they just build all the LR before SR.

Ordered a SR+ white/white with the 18 inch wheels on 08/05, got this text message right now.. Hoping for 2 and not 4 weeks haha!!

"Tesla Update - We currently expect your Model 3 to be ready for delivery 2 - 4 weeks from today. Once your Model 3 starts moving to your delivery center, we will reach out to schedule your delivery appointment"

Ordered a SR+ white/white with the 18 inch wheels on 08/05, got this text message right now.. Hoping for 2 and not 4 weeks haha!!

"Tesla Update - We currently expect your Model 3 to be ready for delivery 2 - 4 weeks from today. Once your Model 3 starts moving to your delivery center, we will reach out to schedule your delivery appointment"

I received the same text today ...

Standard-Range +, rear wheel drive
White/Black and White premium interior
19 inch tires
Autopilot

Sunday 8/2: ordered Model 3
Monday 8/3: confirmation of order received (via text)
Monday 8/10: confirmation "ready for delivery' in 3-6 weeks (via text)
Tuesday 8/25: "expect your model 3 ready for delivery in 2-4 weeks from today (via text)

This is worse than waiting for Santa Claus and vacation to Disney World, lol
Super super super excited!