Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model 3 Order Tracking Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well yes I am too, just like any other destination fee on any other new car, but to charge more just to get another in stock unit is crazy. When a dealer doesn't have a car in stock they don't charge anything else but what the agreed price was.
When a dealer gets a car from another dealer, they will swap one in return, and the dealerships have to be near each other. Here in Dayton, OH, that means Columbus or Cincinnati. When I got my Ford Fusion, they drove a car to a Cincinnati dealership and drove back in the car I got.

To expect Tesla to transport a car a thousand miles or farther from one Tesla store to another, and not charge for that move is naive.

• Disagree
Reactions: ropogigio724
When a dealer gets a car from another dealer, they will swap one in return, and the dealerships have to be near each other. Here in Dayton, OH, that means Columbus or Cincinnati. When I got my Ford Fusion, they drove a car to a Cincinnati dealership and drove back in the car I got.

To expect Tesla to transport a car a thousand miles or farther from one Tesla store to another, and not charge for that move is naive.
Not naive, I am simply just speaking out my opinion. I am in the car business myself and know how it works.

Looking around, it appears for those of us who ordered it around the first couple weeks of August, could be getting their VIN’s in the next week couple of weeks. That appears to be pattern. Us Angelinos, and West Coasters will have to wait a bit longer.

Last edited:
Did anyone randomly get a $20 "Online Systems Filing Fee" in the payment breakdown? I noticed my down payment increased by $20 from yesterday to today. I'm located in VA, it could be something with VA titling too just curious if anyone else got that.