Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model 3 Order Tracking Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
stephtacular -- Could you verify if Tesla added the Icon Labels to the interior "Open Door Button"? Supposedly they are labeling the Model Y but no one has confirmed if they are doing it with the 3.

i picked up on 09/09/20 and no labels & no auto trunk.

ordered on 08/03/20 for Northern New Jersey delivery (Paramus)

4 rescheduled delivery dates later... picked up on 09/09/20
nothing serious to report to Y]\Tesla in terms of fit & finish.
1 day later -----> driver side/side camera is malfunctioning

Last edited:
Reactions: HTWOMS and User3509
LR AWD Black/White

8/8/20: Order date
9/3/20: Config Change (interior)
9/4/20: MVPA/VIN assigned
9/7/20: Balance payoff (whoops! but seriously..they need a confirmation page when linking your bank account before debiting your account)
9/8/20: SA texted me saying my car was in the "departure lot" awaiting load assignment, estimates 9/21 delivery (no text confirmation)
9/10/20: SA texted me saying there are some logistical issues, currently estimates 9/26 (no text confirmation), said he will be looking into what the reason is

Delivery: MD

Just called TESLA and they were able to move up the scheduled delivery a few days just by asking :)
My latest info.

07/28 Order (estimated delivery time 5-9 weeks)
08/20 Text "we are planning to deliver your model 3 soon, but you need to select blue submit button"
08/25 Text for 2-4 weeks
09/05 Logged into my account and found MVPA and a Vin. No text or call from SA.
09/07 Called local Tesla in Vienna, Virginia to see if any status was available. All they could offer was that car has not left the factory.

I thought with the push to have everything counted in this quarter that I would receive before 9/30. As of now I would guess it will be real close to that date if I'm getting it in September.

I'm located in Fairfax Virginia and ordered a LR AWD Red/white interior, 19 inch sport wheels and no FSD
Call up tysons they literally have this car in stock. Has 18 inch wheels though 2020 Model 3 | Tesla

Call up tysons they literally have this car in stock. Has 18 inch wheels though 2020 Model 3 | Tesla

So I just found my config in the new inventory near me, but my SA said it doesn't have a VIN on the page so it hasn't actually been delivered to that location, it's just scheduled to be delivered there and is still being built.

I don't see a VIN on this one either, so I'm assuming it's still being built as well?

So I just found my config in the new inventory near me, but my SA said it doesn't have a VIN on the page so it hasn't actually been delivered to that location, it's just scheduled to be delivered there and is still being built.

I don't see a VIN on this one either, so I'm assuming it's still being built as well?

Got clarification on this, WE can't see the VIN, Tesla employees can see the VIN. I called Tysons and they said they don't have many on the lot (didn't elaborate) and that most of what we see in the inventory online will be delivered there at the end of the month.

• Informative
Reactions: cosmicllama
I keep getting my delivery delayed. First the car was supposed to be in on the 8th and delivered on the 10th. Then it was moved to the 10th and was going to be shipped out that day for home delivery. Then I was told still coming in on the 10th but will be home delivered on the 12th. Now the latest update is it will be home delivered on the 15th.

its really hard to take a day off to accept the car when it keeps moving like this. they told me my car is in chicago. it has been in chicago for over a week now.

I get wild fires and storms are causing the delay.

My SA just sent me a email saying my car is now in NJ. Just need for them to inspect it and get it on a car carrier for delivery.

I site talked with Tesla rep about them showing Chicago having inventory of the same spec model 3 as I ordered and if I can just take one of those in inventory, but they said I was already assigned a vin and my 3 is en route, and redoing paperwork would take longer, so I guess I'm just waiting now

• Informative
Reactions: ropogigio724
Just checking, my account just changed from preparing contract > Please pay off your remaining balance prior to delivery... I shouldn't do ANYTHING MORE until I get a VIN, inspect it thoroughly, and then pay before driving off - correct?

Order 9/6, SR+ w/white interior and 18" aeros; still says 2-4 weeks.

Just checking, my account just changed from preparing contract > Please pay off your remaining balance prior to delivery... I shouldn't do ANYTHING MORE until I get a VIN, inspect it thoroughly, and then pay before driving off - correct?

Order 9/6, SR+ w/white interior and 18" aeros; still says 2-4 weeks.

That’s the general consensus, yup! Don’t be like me and accidentally pay it all off :)

But seriously, if you click that big blue flashy button and link your bank account, there will be no confirmation and it will debit your account for the full remaining balance. I was actually kind of shocked that as soon as I logged in and selected my bank account to link, it just went through with such a large transaction and didn’t give me a confirmation before I submitted it.

Ordered 8/19 MSM/Black interior/SR+

MVPA was uploaded 8/29, text to schedule delivery 8/30. Delivery appointment set for 9/10. Picked up yesterday!

Everything was perfect minus a small scuff on the drivers side door handle.

The audio in the SR+ is MUCH better than I was led to believe, but I came from an 07 Altima so it’s not like I had anything amazing beforehand to compare it to.

I got the new frunk and it looks like my side mirrors are auto dimming as well.