Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Ownership Experience in Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Correct me if I’m wrong, but deliveries (specifically Ontario) started early June of 2018 for the Model 3. It’s been just over a year now. Perhaps we can use this thread to talk about the ownership experience that can be referred to existing, new and upcoming customers.

I drove 19,463 kilometers in this first year and am still grinning as much as I was on delivery day :) Road trips, camping & sleeping in the car, taking countless folks for test rides .... it's been awesome and just keeps getting better with each software update.

I drove 19,463 kilometers in this first year and am still grinning as much as I was on delivery day :) Road trips, camping & sleeping in the car, taking countless folks for test rides .... it's been awesome and just keeps getting better with each software update.
Completely agree! Only 19k clicks in a year with road tripping? I have almost 30k and the only trip I did was 155km one way. How comfortable is it to sleep in the car?

Completely agree! Only 19k clicks in a year with road tripping? I have almost 30k and the only trip I did was 155km one way. How comfortable is it to sleep in the car?

My daily commute is 6 kilometres. Round trip. The biggest road trip was Victoria to Drumheller, AB and then lots of little trips up the Island.

My only complaint about sleeping in the car is that it’s not terribly comfy for side-sleepers with “birthing hips” ;) But aside from that, it beats tenting for sure.

I picked the car up June 7 2018, and have an amazing experience so far. The car just constantly puts me in a good mood which no car has done before. I see myself finding reasons to drive even after a year. The way the car handles and accelerates is great, and it becomes apparent again when you don’t drive the car for a while.

The service centre in the beginning was amazing, but ever since Tesla decided to do cost savings across the service team, I noticed my experience got much worse with things that usual be covered not be covered anymore and say “it’s within spec” and just leave it at that.

No real maintenance on the car so far, just did a tire rotation when I switched from winters back to summers and that’s about it.

Oh and the software updates still make me excited like a kid so that never get’s old.