Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 P without Performance Package, only for $68700

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Trying to confirm the breaking news and indeed its happening and its also in Canada as well.

$68700 and you can bring the Model 3 P with 18in wheel, regular caliper and regular suspension and regular paddle.

Perfect fast car in stealth mode.

I have ordered SR+ and wondering should I spend extra $20000 to upgrade... (bigger battery, AWD, and super fast acceleration)

It's like P car for LR AWD price

Note there is no ferderal rebate for LR or P model

If you can afford it, go for it. This is a crazy awesome price and I would do this in a heartbeat....especially since this is 10k less than what I paid for my AWD last September :eek:

20k is a big chunk of change, plus tax. But it's crazy to think that this same config was over 90k in September (stealth performance with white paint and EAP is the closest match, despite EAP not existing anymore).

I'll tell you one thing, if they offered a software unlock of the performance speed on my AWD for a few $k I'd probably go for it.

Reactions: corlaandstan
If you can afford it, go for it. This is a crazy awesome price and I would do this in a heartbeat....especially since this is 10k less than what I paid for my AWD last September :eek:

I'm pretty sure I paid $72,000 for AWD with red paint and no EAP in October. Guess EAP was expensive back then.

Also AWD non p is now 65,990 with default paint so $68,700 for p- seems too good. Especially since actual p is 74,990.

Although to be fair I'd probably only get p- over AWD at such a low price (same for an unlock) as I'm pretty sure I'd get even worse efficiency than I do now... And only push the max acceleration pretty rarely.

Trying to confirm the breaking news and indeed its happening and its also in Canada as well.

$68700 and you can bring the Model 3 P with 18in wheel, regular caliper and regular suspension and regular paddle.

Perfect fast car in stealth mode.

I have ordered SR+ and wondering should I spend extra $20000 to upgrade... (bigger battery, AWD, and super fast acceleration)

It's like P car for LR AWD price

Note there is no ferderal rebate for LR or P model

How do you get this? I just ordered a LR AWD today...will cancel and order this instead!

I'm pretty sure I paid $72,000 for AWD with red paint and no EAP in October. Guess EAP was expensive back then.

Also AWD non p is now 65,990 with default paint so $68,700 for p- seems too good. Especially since actual p is 74,990.

Although to be fair I'd probably only get p- over AWD at such a low price (same for an unlock) as I'm pretty sure I'd get even worse efficiency than I do now... And only push the max acceleration pretty rarely.
Yep, add 6600 for EAP in September and you would have been at 78600 :eek:

Efficiency won't be that bad in a P.. And realistically even the slight dip in range won't matter. I used to care about efficiency and range in my volt(s)...now I just have fun....P would be more fun :)

Yep, add 6600 for EAP in September and you would have been at 78600 :eek:

Efficiency won't be that bad in a P.. And realistically even the slight dip in range won't matter. I used to care about efficiency and range in my volt(s)...now I just have fun....P would be more fun :)

Damn... That's a lot! At least we didn't pay for the performance back then...

Agreed that 98% of the time the efficiency difference won't matter. But about half a dozen times on road trips to Montreal or Ottawa I've gotten to a supercharger with less than 20km range left by obsessing over energy graph and slowing down playing with climate etc. Worse efficiency would mean I'd have to slow even more and I'm now losing a bit of battery capacity since I got the car (though it might be out of calibration).

All that said if there's a $2 or 3k upgrade I'd probably pull the trigger.

For those asking how to do this, no option on the website. You need to either call the order in, or make the order for a performance, then call in and ask to have it modified to remove the extra performance feature package (you lose the 20" wheels, spoiler, track mode, Brembo brakes, and foot pedals I believe). Good luck to all doing this....it's a frigging amazing deal compared to what many others have paid in the past. Consider yourself lucky!

They pretty much just unlock LR AWD to P
No cost to Tesla at all, pure profit
It is a bit more than that, they claim that they validate the motors going into a P can handle the higher load via extended burn in and sorting. But here's hoping they find a way to let AWD owners give them more money. My checkbook is ready (up to a certain limit of course).

For those asking how to do this, no option on the website. You need to either call the order in, or make the order for a performance, then call in and ask to have it modified to remove the extra performance feature package (you lose the 20" wheels, spoiler, track mode, Brembo brakes, and foot pedals I believe). Good luck to all doing this....it's a frigging amazing deal compared to what many others have paid in the past. Consider yourself lucky!

Been trying all morning. Just goes to a system if i want to check my messages. Prob not open on Canada for the weekend I'm guessing.

For those asking how to do this, no option on the website. You need to either call the order in,
or make the order for a performance, then call in and ask to have it modified to remove the extra performance feature package
(you lose the 20" wheels, spoiler, track mode, Brembo brakes, and foot pedals I believe). Good luck to all doing this....

I wonder why Tesla will go all the way making a special P- version where the only issue would be to deliver 18" wheels compatible with the P+ ?

$2,400 - Model 3 - 18" TST Flow Forged Tesla Wheel and Tire Package
"Our wheels are made specifically for Teslas. No additional hardware needed."
pearl-white-tesla-model-3-performance-wheel-silver-18-turbine-style-wheels-1-jpg.432123

Last edited:
Already ordered LR AWD model (non -P) couple days back.

Thinking is it really worth spending additional $2710 + tax for 1.2 sec performance increase? (the complete package make sense as it has some other extra stuffs like wheels, pedals, spoiler etc.)
would that even be noticeable or we(I) ever use? especially considering it may be a just s/w upgrade and prices/options keep changing every time. o_O

I know it is a personal choice but thinking loud so I can get more feedback, if I am missing anything here (other than the 1.2 sec speed increase)

Thank you
:)

Thinking is it really worth spending additional $2710 + tax for 1.2 sec performance increase? (the complete package make sense as it has some other extra stuffs like wheels, pedals, spoiler etc.)
would that even be noticeable or we(I) ever use? especially considering it may be a just s/w upgrade and prices/options keep changing every time. o_O

I know it is a personal choice but thinking loud so I can get more feedback, if I am missing anything here (other than the 1.2 sec speed increase)

Thank you
If the 0-60 is less than 5 seconds and if it's reduced by 1.2 seconds, it's VERY noticeable. People spend 5K plus to reduce 1 second for their ICE cars. If Tesla offers it for 3K, I'll take it in a heartbeat.

Reactions: pcons

Thank you
Yeah, totally worth it to do it over AWD. AWD is nuts fast, P-AWD will be killer. You will likely regret not doing it. And yes, from what I understand you only get the speed bump. No spoiler or pedals, etc. But you can buy pedals for like $30.

I wonder why Tesla will go all the way making a special P- version where the only issue would be to deliver 18" wheels compatible with the P+ ?

$2,400 - Model 3 - 18" TST Flow Forged Tesla Wheel and Tire Package
"Our wheels are made specifically for Teslas. No additional hardware needed."
pearl-white-tesla-model-3-performance-wheel-silver-18-turbine-style-wheels-1-jpg.432123
This isn't really a 'special version' they just made up recently. You could order this last summer.... But back then this config cost 85k with no options like auto pilot, etc.

I'm kind of sad that this P- config is 10k cheaper than my AWD non P.... But I'd be personally more upset if I paid 90k+ for P- last year, and could by it for 68k now.

I'd happily pay the 3k delta to software unlock my AWD to P- but I doubt that option will be offered. Here's hoping.

thanks @pcons and @Xevex your opinion on this.

"AWD is nuts fast, P-AWD will be killer" - I still need to think if I ever need a killer :), at the same time don't want to regret later. Right now I can't judge myself, not seeing a use case for me where I would need to go from 0-100km with in 3.4 secs. Even my current config with in 4.6 secs itself is very unlikely that I ever hit (but it is there if I ever need to over take that annoying guy..) Or I can be that "emotional buyer" where I am super happy that I got the top most option with in this additional couple grands, whether I ever use it or not.

Anyway first thing first, let me call my sale rep on Monday and discuss about this :D