Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Model 3 passed all regulatory requirements for production two weeks ahead of schedule."

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

TEG

Teslafanatic
Aug 20, 2006
Link:
Elon Musk on Twitter
quote1-png.233827

And it's supposed to be that the options will be there and it will tell you when your configuration mix will be available. Maybe. That's what we hope he will announce. Perhaps that will be available later but we all hope it's coming July 28th so we can get the dang pricing! :D

So when is the configuration page due?
28th?
Elon didn't say. We don't know. Remember, the first 5,000 or so cars are for employees. There could be an internal "Tesla employees only" configuration page that we won't see. Also remember...
There is no configuration page needed where they are only building one configuration.
You won't bigger rims? No problem, sir, just come back next month we will have a special offer for you....
Yes but there will still be paint color choices and wheel size choices. So those employees who want a 3 the bigger battery and single motor (RWD) and glass roof (not sunroof) will be the first to receive their cars since that is the basic configuration that the first several thousand (my guess) Model 3s will be.

We do not know for certain if the Model 3 Performance version will be built first or not, as far as I know. But since the first cars will be RWD, I assume they will not be the Performance version since on the S/X that means Dual Motors. But the Model 3 could be different...

Reactions: Vern Padgett
Tesla can easily run a batch of 1000 black builds, then 1000 silver builds, before 1000 white builds etc and tell the employees: pick your color, rims will be shipped via UPS...
We do know there is no performance version this side of first ~100k cars.
They *will not* build M3s to the customer orders, they will be build in batches, customers will wait for their combination to enter production.

• Informative
Reactions: Vern Padgett
Tesla can easily run a batch of 1000 black builds, then 1000 silver builds, before 1000 white builds etc and tell the employees: pick your color, rims will be shipped via UPS...
We do know there is no performance version this side of first ~100k cars.
They *will not* build M3s to the customer orders, they will be build in batches, customers will wait for their combination to enter production.
I'm still lost as an early reservation holder.....sigh....so many unknowns on how they will do this.....happy for the great news, but man am I ready for whatever "page" opens up for us so we have a more concrete date. It seems like most of the early res. holders won't get it until jan/feb........