Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Model 3 passed all regulatory requirements for production two weeks ahead of schedule."

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
presumably, they would have it available to employees now -- unless they are just building cars and distributing to whatever employees want them. with so few options, it isn't like they are very custom.

I would guess there will be leaks in the coming week if that is the case. if not, maybe we see the configurator in august/september.

So when is the configuration page due?
28th?

I'll bet that the car review sites will be given vehicles to drive and review before then, with NDA's to not release the review until the 29th.

The long deceased Mr. Henry Ford has a big smile on his face today. He knows what this means. He is also wondering why his children dropped the ball.

RT

Reactions: Vern Padgett
presumably, they would have it available to employees now -- unless they are just building cars and distributing to whatever employees want them. with so few options, it isn't like they are very custom.

I would guess there will be leaks in the coming week if that is the case. if not, maybe we see the configurator in august/september.

with the handover event not being until the 28th, they're just going to build these first 100 cars and sit on them until then. they may post a press photo on Friday of #00001 coming off the line, but that's probably all we're going to see until the 28th.

Reactions: flamingoezz
Until they have a firmer idea of the ACTUAL production ramp, they would have a tough time providing estimated dates for available options. The 3 is a simpler car, so less chance of a key part delaying all production like with the X. Still, this is a new production line, that is designed to produce an order of magnitude more cars than before.

RT

Who gets #0000001 and how much will that be worth in 10 years?
It won't be worth much because in a decade Tesla will be building cars that will be incredibly advanced compared to today.

The first production Model S is much less capable and sophisticated than the current cars, and that was only 5 years ago.

It won't be worth much because in a decade Tesla will be building cars that will be incredibly advanced compared to today.

The first production Model S is much less capable and sophisticated than the current cars, and that was only 5 years ago.

For collecting purposes, I think the first Roadster will be the most valuable Tesla in 30 years. Then my guess is the first 3, then the first S, then the first X.

Y'all fools will probably get an email to config after the delivery event on the 28th.

Or they'll just be autonomously delivered to your driveway during the event.

"Everybody look outside!"

The call's coming from inside the house.

The long deceased Mr. Henry Ford has a big smile on his face today. He knows what this means. He is also wondering why his children dropped the ball. ...

Incredibly ironic you'd list Henry Ford, the Terminator of the EV as having a smile today.

1/3 of all cars were electric in 1900. New York had 60 electric cabs. GMC made electric trucks. Steam, electric, and gasoline were in a fierce competition, with no sure winner at first.

Then Ford made a $650 ICE car. EVs were twice to three times as much. Sound familiar? Ford wiped out both the electric and steam cars by economics. The death blow was dealt by Kettering working with Cadillac in 1912 when his 'electric-start' Cadillacs hit the showrooms. People would pay a premium for EVs because it was safer. Hand cranking actually killed people. Once hand-cranking disappeared, it was over for nearly a century due to cost advantages.

Ford was probably the last major automaker to get serious about electric drive.