Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Passenger side no power to windows or mirror...help!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Everyone, I've had my Model 3 for 2 days now. I currently have an issue where the passenger side windows and mirror do not work. I can't raise or lower the passenger side windows from either the passenger side buttons, or the driver side buttons. Driver side windows and mirror work fine. This is particularly problematic because the windows do not lower when opening and closing the door...so the windows are hitting the top trim. I did a "power off" from the main screen, waited 2+ minutes and still have the same issue. Any thoughts? Thanks!

Hi Everyone, I've had my Model 3 for 2 days now. I currently have an issue where the passenger side windows and mirror do not work. I can't raise or lower the passenger side windows from either the passenger side buttons, or the driver side buttons. Driver side windows and mirror work fine. This is particularly problematic because the windows do not lower when opening and closing the door...so the windows are hitting the top trim. I did a "power off" from the main screen, waited 2+ minutes and still have the same issue. Any thoughts? Thanks!
Easy :D
Sit in the car. Tap the T then tap call roadside assistance and talk to support.
It’s a spooky experience first time.
They know your name and have your car details in front of them.

I called for a tire pressure warning and they could see the details on their end.
So much nicer than explaining over and over.

Easy :D
Sit in the car. Tap the T then tap call roadside assistance and talk to support.
It’s a spooky experience first time.
They know your name and have your car details in front of them.

I called for a tire pressure warning and they could see the details on their end.
So much nicer than explaining over and over.

I called, they tried a power cycle... still have the problem. Most likely a physical issue. Bummer is that I've only had the car 2 days. Now, since the windows won't go down, I can't open either passenger side door without the window hitting the trim above...so doors are basically unusable. Soonest appointment is Tuesday....so the first weekend with my new car, and I can't drive anyone around in the front seat...without them having to climb over. I will continue to use my 2002 Nissan Pathfinder with 169,000 miles....that has all working doors and windows. ;-)

That stinks. I feel for you. Mine went back a couple days after delivery and is back a few days later for its 2nd trip in 3 weeks. Same issues that weren’t fixed. Hoping to get things sorted this time. Let us know how it goes.

Well....weird got weirder. Tonight, I was going to take a friend home...and of course with the current issue, he had to get in on the back seat driver's side. When he opened the door, the passenger side windows and mirrors started working again. So weird. I'm still taking it in to be looked at, but everything seems to be working.

Well....weird got weirder. Tonight, I was going to take a friend home...and of course with the current issue, he had to get in on the back seat driver's side. When he opened the door, the passenger side windows and mirrors started working again. So weird. I'm still taking it in to be looked at, but everything seems to be working.

Wonder if there’s a loose connection somewhere or something.

Did the problem ever come back? I experienced the exact issue you described, only it was on the driver's side. Both windows and the mirror both spontaneously stopped working, and powering the car off and on again did not fix it. But then later the issue mysteriously resolved itself.

No idea if this was a one-off glitch or if it's a loose connection or something that might reoccur at some point....

Sounds like a loose connection in the harness that powers those items. Tesla service should be able to correct it pretty quickly.

Perhaps, but that's just a guess. I was hoping that 3inMN might be able to offer some more insight, seeing as they have actual direct experience with the same issue. I live far away from the nearest service center, and it could take time to get a mobile tech appointment, so I'd like to have some idea what I'm in for in the meantime.

If it really is a loose connection, I'm not sure how it would have spontaneously reconnected itself without the car having been moved at all. (One would imagine that after coming disconnected, you'd at least need some vibrations or something to jiggle the connectors back into contact with each other before it would start working again, but my car somehow fixed itself while sitting stationary in the driveway.)

Check your puddle lights on the bottom of your door.

If they are out or the plug is loose your window stops working. You can just pull the puddle light out and it has a plug you can reseat if needed.

Sometimes window tinters forget to plug it back in.

Reactions: TLLMRRJ