Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance ‘21 vs Model Y Long Range’22, which would you chose?

Which one would you keep?

• Model 3 Performance ‘21, white with black interior

Votes: 9 50.0%
  • Model Y Long Range ‘22, blue with white interior

Votes: 9 50.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello, first post here. Looking forward to learn plenty.

So, I have a Model 3 Performance ‘21 white and have recently purchased a Model Y LR for my wife. Long story short, my wife has another car and now I have to chose which one to keep between the 2. Every day I find out something new that changes my mind and I find it very difficult to make up my mind.

Here are some points that made this decision very difficult for me and thank you for your help.

1. Model 3 is Performance and is an absolute blast. Track is not really an option for me, or at least not more than a couple of laps because there are no DC chargers or a decent service center anywhere near me. So any issues I get from pushing the car would need to pay around 700$ to roundtrip the card from Kuwait to Dubai where the closest service center is.
  2. Model Y has the better color combination in my opinion.
  3. Model Y is 22 so has the AMD Ryzen chip vs Intel on the 3.
  4. Model Y is bigger on the inside.
I know I only found one point for the 3 but that has a LOT of weight for me. And I do like to the lower seating Profile.

Thank you,

So, I have a Model 3 Performance ‘21 white and have recently purchased a Model Y LR for my wife. Long story short, my wife has another car and now I have to chose which one to keep between the 2. Every day I find out something new that changes my mind and I find it very difficult to make up my mind.

Here are some points that made this decision very difficult for me and thank you for your help.

1. Model 3 is Performance and is an absolute blast. Track is not really an option for me, or at least not more than a couple of laps because there are no DC chargers or a decent service center anywhere near me. So any issues I get from pushing the car would need to pay around 700$ to roundtrip the card from Kuwait to Dubai where the closest service center is.
I know I only found one point for the 3 but that has a LOT of weight for me. And I do like to the lower seating Profile.

Thank you,
I have both in my garage right now, or pretty close anyway: 20 M3P, 21 MY LR.

AMA

Thank you,
Compare selling price on Carvana and Driveway right now, then tell us what you find and pick. 😉

Edit: Nevermind this suggestion, you are overseas...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220408-200643_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20220408-200643_Samsung Internet.jpg
    228 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:
If you need the space or think you will (model 3 trunk entrance is too small for us) then the Y is the obvious choice.
Other than that, being a 22 with Ryzen, the better color combo (to you) and personally that would be my choice.
I get the attraction of the 3 being a performance model but if you’re not tracking it then get the Y and the acceleration boost and enjoy. That’s basically what I have and it’s a rocket and was stuck to the trunk of a new Toyota Supra through Big Sur yesterday so handling is fine too.
(Brakes are poor though when you really need them when slowing down from high speed as I was after overtaking but so are the performance models I’ve heard).