TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model 3 Performance Badging

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by pdamski, Dec 22, 2018.

1. pdamski

pdamski Member

IMG_0395.jpeg I took a drive to Fremont this week and had the Tesla Factory tour. Very cool but a little short and it just whet my appetite for more. Had breakfast in Santa Cruz yesterday and stopped at the Casa De Fruita and Harris Ranch Superchargers on my way back South. While charging at Harris Ranch, there was a Tesla Mobile Tech parked in the lot as he had to replace a customers remote batteries for their Model X. My friend struck up a conversation with him and he ended up offering to place my badging on my Model 3. He had the jig and badge in his van and cleaned the surface and bingo. Looks pretty good. Unfortunately, the car is a buggy mess and I have to wait until Monday to let the glue cure. He did mention that Tesla is planning on doing a few installation parties at the Harris Ranch facility for those still requiring badging.

BTW, there is no new information on the spoilers. The mobile tech said that he has seen a demo Model 3 on the store floor with a spoiler so they may be getting closer on that front.

• Like x 1
  2. Skione65

Skione65 Member

So what 48 hours to let the glue cure?

Ski

3. pdamski

pdamski Member

He just told me to give it the weekend.

• Informative x 1
  4. lozza

lozza Member

Looks good. I'm on the fence, but think I'm leaning to putting the badge on (when I am offered the chance). Especially useful for non-PUP P3Ds like mine

5. silentcorp

silentcorp Member

I want my badge, I won't be putting it on but I want it nonetheless!

6. Ron2andia

Ron2andia Member

So the + is for those who had the performance package included or added?

7. astrowunder

astrowunder Member

You won't see a + in the factory badge- both P3ds and P3d with PUP get this same badge. The PUP folks also get a carbon fiber spoiler and fancy pedals

8. ModelNforNerd

ModelNforNerd Active Member

I have a "stealth" P3D, and I've decided not to do a badge at all.

I've purchased the T-Sportline spoiler, and I'm having it wrapped and installed this week. Ironically, I'll have it on my car sooner than the people who paid for the OEM upgrade....

9. lozza

lozza Member

Pushed for the service guy to work his magic and try to install my badge while I was getting other work done (on creaks and rattles)... After lots of 'not possible' he managed to find a badge and get it put on right as I was picking up the car! Not quite so P3D stealth anymore :)

Pretty cool jig for ensuring alignment on install

20190130_212703.jpg

• Like x 3
  10. mrp3d

mrp3d Member

I got my Dual Motor badge installed today when I swapped tires. I asked about the spoiler and the rep said to check back mid-Q2!

11. adaptabl

adaptabl Member

Are they on Ebay yet?

12. Prunesquallor

Prunesquallor Member

Kudos to Houston Westchase SC. 65795745-E9BF-41DB-9D93-A095FC3F5D53.jpeg

• Like x 3
  13. lozza

lozza Member

Yes. About $90 ish