Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Lowered

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here is mine on MPP Comfort Coilovers. I dropped it to about a 1 finger gap. Not sure what that translates to overall drop. I don’t have clearance issues on the front but have had issues on certain driveways that have a steep apex that causes me to scrape the center. I’ve learned to take those at a angle to avoid most of them. Thanks.

RacahIH.jpg

Do you have more room to go lower on the MPP comforts or is this maxed out? Looks good!

Just installed MPP Sport Coilovers. Still deciding if this will be too low. (Car is off insurance until March)

Overall, it looks good. However, if I may offer my opinion, I do think it looks a bit too low and out of proportion. For me, whenever I see a vehicle lowered to the point there there is little-to-no gap at the very top (at the12 o’clock position) of the tire, while there is a much greater gap around the 10 and 2 o’clock positions, then I feel like the entire area (fender/wheel well/tire) looks out of proportion with the rest of the vehicle. This particular look resembles a bagged vehicle. I’m certainly not hate’n on this type of look. If that is what you like, then go for it!
Either way, you have a sweet looking ride/set-up!!

Overall, it looks good. However, if I may offer my opinion, I do think it looks a bit too low and out of proportion. For me, whenever I see a vehicle lowered to the point there there is little-to-no gap at the very top (at the12 o’clock position) of the tire, while there is a much greater gap around the 10 and 2 o’clock positions, then I feel like the entire area (fender/wheel well/tire) looks out of proportion with the rest of the vehicle. This particular look resembles a bagged vehicle. I’m certainly not hate’n on this type of look. If that is what you like, then go for it!
Either way, you have a sweet looking ride/set-up!!

Appreciate the opinion, I’ve been looking at it for 2 days now trying to figure out if I like it and I think I will try going up 2-3 turns on each spring perch and see where it ends up.