Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And just to add to what some knowledgeable posters and moderator have said.. EDD are really meaningless... VIN is the key. Local Service Center SA have no insight on when "you car" will go into production or when it looks you will get a VIN. Trust me I've seen their screen. They get notified when a VIN has been assigned to a car coming to the SC and then they start to work on the delivery logistics and when the delivery window can take place.

And just to add to what some knowledgeable posters and moderator have said.. EDD are really meaningless... VIN is the key. Local Service Center SA have no insight on when "you car" will go into production or when it looks you will get a VIN. Trust me I've seen their screen. They get notified when a VIN has been assigned to a car coming to the SC and then they start to work on the delivery logistics and when the delivery window can take place.
Completely agree with you, but I do wonder then why if the SA have no insight do they seem to ramble off random stuff like they do? Are they just bored? Or tired of getting asked the same question for the 100th time so they make something up? Seems like there is a wide array of people saying their SA said different things lol.

Folks, just a reminder, especially for those that are new or first time buyers:

The expected delivery date (EDD) you see on your app does not mean anything until you get a VIN. It's practically the equivalent of FUD; something Tesla treats as an obligatory disclosure of estimated time of arrival.

At the very least, the closer it gets to that date range, the closer a VIN could possibly be assigned. But that would be all the value I would place onto it; even then it's not all that reliable to signify a VIN is imminent. This is what i'm personally doing. Right now my EDD range is 5/29-6/26. Could my delivery date land during that date range? I have no clue, nor am I resting any hopes. Am I hoping for my VIN to fall on or before that date range? For sure. That's about all I am hoping for, though.

I guess i'm beginning to understand better why @jjrandorin gets a bit irked with all the obsession from people and their EDDs with any/all waiting room threads. 😅

I will also add that, despite the rabbit holes and tea leaves people will read into, there is some value in mining the information for tracking purposes.

The best example of this is that based on the data people are reporting in the tracker (which can be found here btw if you missed it), currently we can concretely conclude that the only VINs available are for some select few that ordered white interior, applicable only to forum members here in the U.S. who placed orders. To date, there is no confirmed VIN assigned to an order with black interior (in the U.S.). Is this enough of a sample size to conclude that Tesla is behind on building M3P with black interior? That is up to you. lol

Reactions: jose3030
I just spoked with a SA at my local location (Richmond, VA) and they looked up my order and said that I am currently "soft-matched" which a car that is scheduled for production at the beginning of Q3 with an estimated delivery date in the middle of July :/

And my current EDD in the app is May 21 - June 4...

I ordered within 20 minutes of the launch on 4/23, SG/W config.
Wait how can it be scheduled for production in Q3 but delivered in July. Wouldn’t Q3 be September

Completely agree with you, but I do wonder then why if the SA have no insight do they seem to ramble off random stuff like they do? Are they just bored? Or tired of getting asked the same question for the 100th time so they make something up? Seems like there is a wide array of people saying their SA said different things lol.
Because the SA are also drawing conclusions and doing their best to make the most sense of things based on information they're currently receiving.

Reactions: jjrandorin
Really the only thing a Service Advisor can offer above what we know is they can tell if there are Model 3 Performance getting VIN assigned and coming to their Service center. Then maybe they can draw a rough guess on when they think yours might get a VIN

Reactions: cptnslo
Just something to note, the white interior car that is at the San Antonio Location has probably only been there a few days and the white part on the doors as well as the front driver seat was already looking quite dirty with brown stains.
Both white interior and black interior floor models on display in Los Angeles. I definitely prefer the darker interior as it feels higher quality and less prone to looking smudged up or stained.

Lol..

"Irked" isnt really the emotion. I just was trying to help people understand that there isnt any real point in all the machinations of trying to predict it based on order numbers, when you ordered, what the weather was when you ordered, what random SAs say, etc.

These threads (waiting room threads) generally play out the same way, and this one is right in line with the rest, including there being posters with random conspiracy type theories about delays, a few people trying to say "but my (XXX car) is better", a few other people trying to say "this car isnt all that / isnt what I expected / sucks", etc.

They are like groundhog day, lol
I’m a Virgo with a Scorpio rising sign and my moon is in Leo…do you think that means my EDD will get pushed up?

I’m a Virgo with a Scorpio rising sign and my moon is in Leo…do you think that means my EDD will get pushed up?
Screenshot 2024-05-20 at 12.47.51 PM.png

(wonder how many people get this joke, lol... might be dating myself here).