Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There's just no way a thin film could cause glass to crack due to temperature. You can literally put boiling water in to a glass cup and it doesn't crack. Glass cups only crack when you wash it with cold water and instantly pour hot water in to them. I really don't think the glass is going to be higher than 135F.
Idk if the glass would crack or not but you could absolutely crack a few eggs on it and make an omelet…in other words way hotter than 135°F

I just stopped by Tesla in San Antonio and they have a model three performance in the showroom to look at. They looked up my order and said that my order number is waiting to be matched to a vehicle and I should expect a Vin in like two weeks. I feel like we can’t really trust much of what we’re being told right now
Really which location? I’m in San Antonio also and ordered on day one 4/23.

So I just got back to the office and wanted to share what I was told...

First thing's first, I was able to change my delivery location to the preferred location. This was after the associate that I was messaging me yesterday telling me that I could not make a change. So kudos to my local guy there.

I asked the SA to share any other order information that he could and he shared this little nugget... He saw my EDD of 5/28-6/25 and also that the expected delivery date was actually 5/26. Now this is black interior with currently no VIN and an EDD that hasn't changed in nearly 2 weeks. So huge grain of salt there, but I kinda get the hopeful feeling that once the EPA stuff is cleared up, we are going to get hit with a bunch of VINs and joy.

As for the car, it looked awesome. The SA shared that they had all taken it for a spin and it was a bit dirty (that surprised me). The seats were incredibly comfortable, perhaps a little narrow but will hold incredibly well. I'm not a big dude (5'8" - 170), but I've got big quads/back and it was kind of a tight fit. I'm gonna be forced to have good posture. The panel gaps looked awesome and the only thing I could find wrong was the weather stripping on the passenger side between the two windows was about a half inch short. Confirmed that was not right by looking at the other side and the LR that was parked next to it. The stereo sounded great.

Folks, just a reminder, especially for those that are new or first time buyers:

The expected delivery date (EDD) you see on your app does not mean anything until you get a VIN. It's practically the equivalent of FUD; something Tesla treats as an obligatory disclosure of estimated time of arrival.

At the very least, the closer it gets to that date range, the closer a VIN could possibly be assigned. But that would be all the value I would place onto it; even then it's not all that reliable to signify a VIN is imminent. This is what i'm personally doing. Right now my EDD range is 5/29-6/26. Could my delivery date land during that date range? I have no clue, nor am I resting any hopes. Am I hoping for my VIN to fall on or before that date range? For sure. That's about all I am hoping for, though.

I guess i'm beginning to understand better why @jjrandorin gets a bit irked with all the obsession from people and their EDDs with any/all waiting room threads. 😅

I am guessing the new cars are supposed to come with the latest software which would be 2024.14.6. However reports have been made by owners that this software is bricking their cars. I think that is the update which is causing delay. Looks like tesla is rolling out a 2024.14.7 to fix this issue.
Such BS. First, there hasn't been any "owners". Second, the software you have when you get your car is a delivery software. That's gets upgrade to the main branch within a month's time.

Is it worth driving to my local Tesla dealership to see if they can provide me any information in regards to my order? Or is it a complete waste of time and they won't be able to provide me with anything? Its 40 minutes aware, so I don't really want to drive there just to be told to touch grass.

Would also like to know if they have a M3P to view. However, their phone number goes straight to the 1800 hotline and when I try and talk to an agent, I just get hung up on with an automated message saying that no one is available right now. Shrug.
Waste of time.

Folks, just a reminder, especially for those that are new or first time buyers:

The expected delivery date (EDD) you see on your app does not mean anything until you get a VIN. It's practically the equivalent of FUD; something Tesla treats as an obligatory disclosure of estimated time of arrival.

At the very least, the closer it gets to that date range, the closer a VIN could possibly be assigned. But that would be all the value I would place onto it; even then it's not all that reliable to signify a VIN is imminent. This is what i'm personally doing. Right now my EDD range is 5/29-6/26. Could my delivery date land during that date range? I have no clue, nor am I resting any hopes. Am I hoping for my VIN to fall on or before that date range? For sure. That's about all I am hoping for, though.

I guess i'm beginning to understand better why @jjrandorin gets a bit irked with all the obsession from people and their EDDs with any/all waiting room threads. 😅
Lol..

"Irked" isnt really the emotion. I just was trying to help people understand that there isnt any real point in all the machinations of trying to predict it based on order numbers, when you ordered, what the weather was when you ordered, what random SAs say, etc.

These threads (waiting room threads) generally play out the same way, and this one is right in line with the rest, including there being posters with random conspiracy type theories about delays, a few people trying to say "but my (XXX car) is better", a few other people trying to say "this car isnt all that / isnt what I expected / sucks", etc.

They are like groundhog day, lol

I am guessing the new cars are supposed to come with the latest software which would be 2024.14.6. However reports have been made by owners that this software is bricking their cars. I think that is the update which is causing delay. Looks like tesla is rolling out a 2024.14.7 to fix this issue.

Sorry but it doesnt work that way. New Teslas dont come with the latest software on them on delivery, so this cant be the reason. I realize you mention "I am guessing" so im not trying to hammer you here, but that guess cant be the reason.

• Informative
Reactions: P-Lo801
Lol..

"Irked" isnt really the emotion. I just was trying to help people understand that there isnt any real point in all the machinations of trying to predict it based on order numbers, when you ordered, what the weather was when you ordered, what random SAs say, etc.

These threads (waiting room threads) generally play out the same way, and this one is right in line with the rest, including there being posters with random conspiracy type theories about delays, a few people trying to say "but my (XXX car) is better", a few other people trying to say "this car isnt all that / isnt what I expected / sucks", etc.

Yeah, it's quite interesting observing the rabbit hole we can get easily sucked into and the tea leaves people will read into in anticipation of this car. LOL

Lol..

Very much reminds me of the ordering / EDD chaos during the peak covid era. It was literally thunderdome back then for anyone that wasn't lucky enough to be a part of it ;)

• Funny
Reactions: P-Lo801
My EDD for July just got pushed out to 09/25-10/06 :/.

Maybe I just opt for an LR lol.

Attachments

• IMG_5724.jpeg
    IMG_5724.jpeg
    399.3 KB · Views: 6
  • Love
Reactions: kower
Just something to note, the white interior car that is at the San Antonio Location has probably only been there a few days and the white part on the doors as well as the front driver seat was already looking quite dirty with brown stains.

Yeah this is par for the course with the white interior. Had one on our Model Y and I'll never make that mistake again lol. It looks great when clean though.