Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland White interior (US) waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My guess is the fact that 95% of these are all long ranges are from people who switched to Performance when it came out. Most if not all people in this group who got VIN’s had long range models.
But suddenly the car they originally ordered is available immediately after they switch? You’re probably right, but that seems more than a bit odd.

Adding my order status as a reference for others in the same boat.

RN1208 Order on Jan 11th. RWD, Stealth Grey, White Interior, Photon Wheels, AZ.

Like others, here is the EDD rollercoaster I am on. Not sure why this morning's update was pushed so far out.

EDD: Jan 30-Feb 13
EDD: Feb 16-Mar 22
EDD: Feb 18-Mar 17
EDD: Feb 27-Mar 5
EDD: Mar 27-Mar 31
EDD: Apr 10-May 8
EDD: Jun 22-Jun 30
EDD: Apr 21-May 3
EDD: Apr 22-May 3
EDD: Apr 23-May 3
EDD: Apr 24-May 3
EDD: Jun 14-Jun 30
EDD (this morning): July 20-August 31

What's frustrating is that I saw a RWD, SG, White Int car on the road over the weekend -- the only difference being the Nova wheels. So at this point, the best option may be to watch what inventory pops up on the site.

It's really strange.. It seems like some people were pushed back into August a few weeks ago (me included) while others were moved up to May-June ish. Now the people that were in June are being pushed to August while the later people are being moved up to June (mine updated to 6/17-6/30 yesterday). It's like they're flip-flopping dates every few weeks. They get you pissed that you're date pushes back, but then make you happy again when it moves up... just to probably get pushed back again in a few weeks lol.

I ordered my Model 3/ for purchase with a white interior two months ago.Im now getting July 20 to August 30 as a delivery date.
I’m willing to wait but the problem is my lease is guenon June 17this my lease is due
Now what? !!!
Your options are to wait, rent, pick from local inventory, switch to black interior, or get a different car all together.

Reactions: evfangirl
I posted yesterday that my EDD for my 2/2 order of a Stealth Grey/White/18" Model 3 got pushed out to the last week of June. To me, that tells me that Tesla's delivery strategy is nothing more than hope - they hope to deliver the car by the end of the quarter. I had a similar EDD window at the end of the first quarter. I mentioned the frustration at the whip-saw nature of their guess-timated delivery dates, so I decided to see what that really looked like on some kind of timeline. Just a little bit of back and forth!

EDD Screenshot.png

I posted yesterday that my EDD for my 2/2 order of a Stealth Grey/White/18" Model 3 got pushed out to the last week of June. To me, that tells me that Tesla's delivery strategy is nothing more than hope - they hope to deliver the car by the end of the quarter. I had a similar EDD window at the end of the first quarter. I mentioned the frustration at the whip-saw nature of their guess-timated delivery dates, so I decided to see what that really looked like on some kind of timeline. Just a little bit of back and forth!
Have to agree with you here that it's all hope. The dates moving to the last 2 weeks of the quarter is the same situation as all of the people who had "Mar 15-Mar 30th" dates. Time will tell.

Reactions: evfangirl
My exact config but with black interior is available now at my location. It’s super tempting to switch, I am so sick of waiting😭
I'm going to be checking inventory as obsessively as I'm checking this website and the Tesla app. It looks like there are LR versions getting closer and closer to what I want. I may have to give up my preference for RWD and the metallic blue, but that may be the way out of this . . . . I'm not going to give up the white interior, I don't think.

Last edited:
Hey Whitezoid, still waiting? Hang in there. Hopefully soon. I feel duped with the M3P and tax incentive.

Do you need some roof shades? Have 2 in roof in white/light grey if you want them.
Hey ,glad you still touch bases here. My EDD had moved up to May, but today it is pushed back to June!
Your donated pieces are patiently waiting in my garage. Yes I will gratefully take the shades and pile them up with the other pieces. Will text.

I went to Tesla SC today and told them I’m sick of waiting, and what are they doing about it.

The rep was completely useless and said they can give me black interior. Other than that nothing else. They didn’t even know that there is white interior inventory at other locations. I said well why don’t you ship it to this location and they said you can go to the other location and get it.

Anyway they’re all completely useless to be honest.

Saw the Velocity Red model 3 though and it was dirty. And I’m glad I got Stealth Gray as it looked better to me with same dirt as red.

At this point I don’t even know what I’d like to do anymore. Kind of sick of their BS.

I went to Tesla SC today and told them I’m sick of waiting, and what are they doing about it.

The rep was completely useless and said they can give me black interior. Other than that nothing else. They didn’t even know that there is white interior inventory at other locations. I said well why don’t you ship it to this location and they said you can go to the other location and get it.

Anyway they’re all completely useless to be honest.

Saw the Velocity Red model 3 though and it was dirty. And I’m glad I got Stealth Gray as it looked better to me with same dirt as red.

At this point I don’t even know what I’d like to do anymore. Kind of sick of their BS.
Exactly. I'm not sure what to do anymore either. I'd get the BMW i4 if it didn't have that awful grille. I got a text from Tesla today saying I could look at other configurations. I answered it with some questions and got the response "This number isn't monitored. Respond on the Tesla app." I had gotten the same message on the app, but . . . . there's no way to respond there.

Exactly. I'm not sure what to do anymore either. I'd get the BMW i4 if it didn't have that awful grille.
All you can do is wait ... or not. Or ... buy from inventory. Or jump ship and buy a Kia. 🤪 . Kids these days have no patience. I waited 6 months for my 2022 MSLR, others waited a year. it's a right of passage ... or buy a Kia. OMG ... I just don't know what to do. I'm making fun of course, relax it'll be alright.