Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is just me spitballing against the wall, I have ZERO INSIDE KNOWLEDGE whatsoever. I dont work for Tesla or anything, I am just a volunteer here at TMC.

With that out of the way, my guess as to what has been holding this up is that it has something to do with Tesla getting reimbursed for the Tax credit. It feels to me like they need "something" signed off by the govnernment before they can claim the credit.

Documents cant be back dated (legally at least) so, hypothetically, if they needed some approval on something / something signed off by some regulatory body, but delivered cars before that, any car delivered before "whatever it is" was signed, Tesla could not get reimbursed for any tax credit they likely already gave to the buyer.

Just thinking out loud here, but its what it feels like to me.

Does anyone know what gov't agency oversees the logistics for the point of sale transactions for the tax credits for EV manufacturers? Is it EPA as well?

Newbie here. from,Florida.. Ordered mine 5/18 (white/black), delivery date shows "July" (nothing more). How long from your experience until I get a more detailed delivery window? Thanks :)
The EDD dates will change on you often, and swing wildly. They’re a yo-yo so just be sure to not get too emotionally attached to them. I think a bunch of us now have bipolar personality disorders trying to track the changes. Believe nothing until you get a VIN. And once you get a VIN, still don’t believe much.

Reactions: mpgxsvcd
The EDD dates will change on you often, and swing wildly. They’re a yo-yo so just be sure to not get too emotionally attached to them. I think a bunch of us now have bipolar personality disorders trying to track the changes. Believe nothing until you get a VIN. And once you get a VIN, still don’t believe much.
I feel like it's for some reason older orders yoyo'ing more than newer ones. I ordered 5/7 and have had June EDD then changed to July 20-Aug31 on friday and hasn't moved since.

Crazy. It's almost like EDDs don't really matter.
Not crazy when a few people, including @jjrandorin, kept telling everyone EDD's are meaningless and shouldn't even be taken with a grain of salt. Not sure what other way they could have conveyed "meaningless". On the other hand when you do get a VIN, that's when you can take it with a grain of salt and actually start taking action. So no not crazy and not surprised whatsoever because it has turned out exactly as they said it would.

Reactions: mpgxsvcd
Not crazy when a few people, including @jjrandorin, kept telling everyone EDD's are meaningless and shouldn't even be taken with a grain of salt. Not sure what other way they could have conveyed "meaningless". On the other hand when you do get a VIN, that's when you can take it with a grain of salt and actually start taking action. So no not crazy and not surprised whatsoever because it has turned out exactly as they said it would.
I know this is all through text and a lot of posts can get lost in translation, but that post was sarcasm, just an FYI, because that member knows how meaningless EDDs can be too.

Ha. Sorry, I was being ironic. (See my signature.) :)

I feel like it's for some reason older orders yoyo'ing more than newer ones. I ordered 5/7 and have had June EDD then changed to July 20-Aug31 on friday and hasn't moved since.
I ordered 4/23 @12:18EST EDD May - June only changed once about a week in to May 23 - June 20 and been the same ever since and I know there’s several others that have this exact EDD change as my order…they also live in the same region too.