Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance steering way too quick?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What size tires do you have, and what size tires are you used to? If 20's, that may be the cause of your discomfort. So little sidewall to deflect during turn-in that it will by much more crisp. Personally, I wouldn't expect anyone ordering a Performance would think of fast turn in as being anything other than desirable.

Previous car ran 225/35/19 front with 245/30/19 rears. Smaller wheel, but slightly less front sidewall height compared to Tesla.

The steering is nice for in-town and rural road driving. The source of the thread is some portions of a highway drive where the car was getting whipped around in its lane (gusts? cross winds? mini surface irregularities?), trying to correct the line was difficult because it felt the yaw was whip-lashing easily.

I am going to see if dropping the tire pressures can dampen the front end response a bit. And also anxious to see how it performs on the summer tires.....

It can be personal preference, but you may find taking out some of the front toe so they are running parallel might make it feel better. I thought the front was a little skittish on highways when I first drove mine and that seemed to help.

The turn-in is really good, especially for a heavy car and that's always a big benefit in my book.
As for tyres, I keep forgetting I have winters on!