Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Tester Discount- Keep Order?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

I am completely new here and just made a crazy impulse decision putting down a deposit on a Model 3 Performance. I wanted an inventory car so I could get in before June 30 to get the $3750 tax credit. My advisor found one nearby, BUT, it was a test drive vehicle with 1200 miles on it. The discount on it is $960. I tried to negotiate more and was not successful. I really don’t know much about Tesla, and especially the level of discount typical for a test car with this many miles. I did find out the car was manufactured May 2019.

Any pointers for me, especially if the advice is to back out and go new instead? The way I look at it, it’s not just $960 more to order new, it’s $2835 more with the decrease of the tax credit, since I won’t be able to take delivery before July 1.

Thanks in advance for any and all opinions!

• Love
Reactions: Brando
It seems like the mileage adjustment can be as low as .25 cents to 2.00 per mile on inventory.

That’s about the middle range you are getting. What matters the most is the condition of the particular car.

Most people don’t know what their actual vehicle is until delivery day.

• Love
Reactions: P85_DA
There are no guarantees that the price will stay the same after July. So it might not be a $2,835 difference in July. Also heard somewhere on this forum that the builds near the end of the quarter have a lot of quality issues because they’re so rushed to build cars.

There are no guarantees that the price will stay the same after July. So it might not be a $2,835 difference in July. Also heard somewhere on this forum that the builds near the end of the quarter have a lot of quality issues because they’re so rushed to build cars.

I wouldn’t spread that without any evidence. All cars have issues, small or large. Most people don’t notice the small ones. If you can afford the several thousand dollars, wait for a new one. If you can’t, don’t wait.

Keep order. That demo has been "launched" many many times... Think about how many 0-60+ launches one can do in 1200 miles.... :eek: That demo probably has something just less than what you calculated. Now, is the discount worth it to you? If so, by all means go for it...