Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance - Tyres with the 'TO' designation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, I hit a pothole and now have both nearside tyres with a bulge in the sidewall. I would like to replace them with OEM Pilot Sport 4 S with the TO designation.

Trouble is, it seems no one has them in stock. So I'm tempted to get the non TO version. Can anyone tell me what the difference is between the Tesla TO designated ones and the non TO ones? Is it a range thing?

Cheers

Paul

I *think* the non-T0 one has no acoustic foam inside (meant to deaden the noise). I also *think* the non-T0 ones have a slightly bigger bead to protect against kerbing.

I had to get non-T0 ones as I needed tyres badly and had no choice. Personally, I've noticed no difference.

Last edited:
They have foam in them to dampen any resonance you can get on certain road surfaces - I'd assume they also have a specific load-index which isn't standard to suit the Tesla - but most people won't notice much of a difference

FYI, it's T0 (zero) not O (may help with a search for stock).

They have foam in them to dampen any resonance you can get on certain road surfaces - I'd assume they also have a specific load-index which isn't standard to suit the Tesla - but most people won't notice much of a difference

FYI, it's T0 (zero) not O (may help with a search for stock).
I always thought it was TO as in 'Tesla Original'?

I always thought it was TO as in 'Tesla Original'?
The T is for Tesla but Michelin definitely list it as 0 rather than O. For other manufacturers they seem to use both numbers or letters for the second character, they aren’t consistent.

Reactions: HenryT
"T0" is the Tesla OEM designation. For the non-Performance Model 3 with 18" wheels delivered in the States, Tesla used Michelin MXM4 T0. About a year ago, they revised the tire specifications and the new MXM4 Tesla OEM tire is designated "T1".

Reactions: HenryT