Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m holding on to the hope that because we are close we will get the VINs and Delivery dates back to back like some previous posted orders I have seen in CA who had OD 1/14-15. Not seeing a lot of MSM/Black orders come through other than the Colorado ones last week.
It seems like some of the Cali folks have been getting VINs just a few days before delivery. While I'm sure it is frustrating right now, I bet things will move quick for you both soon. I would not be at all surprised if you have your cars by the end of next week.

I am furious at Tesla. Delivery date was scheduled for tomorrow at 12:30p. I had previously uploaded my insurance card which has my other vehicles listed. In Texas, I have 30 days to add a new car to my policy. I was going to add the Tesla effective the day of my delivery day which I had previously been told by text that I could do. I didn't want to pay for insurance for something I didn't have. Today, I get a text stating the "it's almost delivery day" reminding me of delivery tomorrow. 10 minutes later, I get a text stating that my delivery date had to be rescheduled because they didn't have proof of insurance. I explained (via text, you can't talk to a human apparently), that I was going to have that in place before delivery. I then get another text that "it is time to schedule delivery" and when I click on the link, but says no delivery dates are available. I then call my insurance company to get the new insurance cards which I upload to the app with Tesla, and I text back informing them of the new upload and asking if I can still take delivery tomorrow. The reply is that "we can try, however since your temp tags were requested just now, they may not be complete until around 5 - 6pm tomorrow." So what the f**k does that mean?

It is clear they just "picked up my file" this morning for tomorrow's delivery and saw the insurance "issue." Within 30 mins of their text, I had an insurance card with the Tesla VIN submitted, and now the delivery may not happen at all tomorrow at all?? Ridiculous. You would think one would have a little better customer service when buying a $55k car.

Is there a way to speak to a human? I asked for a phone call via text and just got further responses. Is there a way to call a local Tesla location directly without getting routed to idiots in California?
So, Tesla rescheduled my delivery for the same day (2/17) at 5pm. I was subsequently able to get them to let me pick it up at 2pm. Upon arrival, the Tesla Gallery (or whatever the hell we have to call them in Texas due to stupid laws/regs applied to Tesla) the place was dead (Brownsville Texas location) and my car was out front. Everything looked great with the car except for a tiny paint chip on the hood which is under the clear coat. The chip is visible but it is small and not very noticeable. I had the Tesla rep make a note of it, but I’m probably not going to do anything because I was told they would have to repaint the hood which would be done at a local third party body shop. if I did this, chances are it would come back looking worse. Didn’t/haven’t noticesd any other “build” quality issues.

For others, I would suggest you add your VIN to your insurance policy and upload that info (with the Tesla VIN) via the app three days before your scheduled delivery date. I was told it needed to be done this early because the temporary plates need to be requested and it can take a little longer for Tesla to receive them. I think this is a “Texas” thing really because Tesla is not considered a ”dealership“ in Texas and the temp tags need to come from Austin and not a local office. My temp tags were not ready, but they let me drive off with no tamp license plate tags anyway, and emailed them to me a few hours later when I received them. They say this happens frequently.

Best of luck to all those still waiting.

Reactions: K1LLU4
Ordered 1/29. I’ve been checking for inventory vehicles obsessively. My configuration appeared this afternoon at a nearby location in inventory. Called Tesla and transferred my reservation to the inventory vehicle. Have vin and picking up Friday!
Awesome congrats. I got an inventory vehicle yesterday too but mine is in Fremont and I'm in Houston. Hopefully it starts heading east soon.

So, Tesla rescheduled my delivery for the same day (2/17) at 5pm. I was subsequently able to get them to let me pick it up at 2pm. Upon arrival, the Tesla Gallery (or whatever the hell we have to call them in Texas due to stupid laws/regs applied to Tesla) the place was dead (Brownsville Texas location) and my car was out front. Everything looked great with the car except for a tiny paint chip on the hood which is under the clear coat. The chip is visible but it is small and not very noticeable. I had the Tesla rep make a note of it, but I’m probably not going to do anything because I was told they would have to repaint the hood which would be done at a local third party body shop. if I did this, chances are it would come back looking worse. Didn’t/haven’t noticesd any other “build” quality issues.

For others, I would suggest you add your VIN to your insurance policy and upload that info (with the Tesla VIN) via the app three days before your scheduled delivery date. I was told it needed to be done this early because the temporary plates need to be requested and it can take a little longer for Tesla to receive them. I think this is a “Texas” thing really because Tesla is not considered a ”dealership“ in Texas and the temp tags need to come from Austin and not a local office. My temp tags were not ready, but they let me drive off with no tamp license plate tags anyway, and emailed them to me a few hours later when I received them. They say this happens frequently.

Best of luck to all those still waiting.
Thanks for the info. I'm in Texas too. I was able to grab an inventory vehicle because of you yesterday (you gave me the telegram link). It's still in Fremont. My rep told me it's coming to Houston instead of where it showed up in inventory which was Austin. Hoping it works out that way. Congrats on your M3P! Sorry about the paint defect. Thanks again!

Reactions: Funkeruski
Todays the big day. For those that picked up you car, what was the odometer reading at pick-up?

One of the forms I reviewed last night (available 24 hrs prior) stated the odometer is 15. Is this just a standard CYA number? If it’s really 15, would that give anyone else concern?

I’m holding on to the hope that because we are close we will get the VINs and Delivery dates back to back like some previous posted orders I have seen in CA who had OD 1/14-15. Not seeing a lot of MSM/Black orders come through other than the Colorado ones last week.
Woke up to EDD slipping to 2/18 to 3/1. Seriously, Tesla!?!?
I did see Texas has one MSM/Black M3P at waiting for tesla…but only available to Texas buyer.😭

Thanks for the info. I'm in Texas too. I was able to grab an inventory vehicle because of you yesterday (you gave me the telegram link). It's still in Fremont. My rep told me it's coming to Houston instead of where it showed up in inventory which was Austin. Hoping it works out that way. Congrats on your M3P! Sorry about the paint defect. Thanks again!
Care to share the telegram link 🙂

Care to share the telegram link 🙂

I have no idea about the delivery. I don't know if it was because it was still at Fremont but when I asked if it was possible to move it from Austin to Houston he said it was already done. When I got on with chat they told me to ask my rep lol. I'll find out soon. 😁