Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm enjoying the lighthearted feel of the thread this morning.

I sent an email to my SA team (since I've had three different people respond to me now) and asked for an update:

As you all are probably aware, there are hundreds of people collaborating on Tesla forums regarding delivery times.

It has been confirmed through numerous sources that a number of vehicles were shipped out from the factory without charging inverters and the service centers had to order the part and install the missing part prior to delivery.

I'm asking for full transparency here so I can plan. I've already secured financing and insurance and do not want to pay weeks of either without an actual car in my possession.

I'm two days into my current window without a firm delivery date. Is my car affected by the missing charger inverter, and if so, what is the timeline for that being installed and me taking delivery?

It's been radio silence so far and they have turned around most of my questions in a few minutes previously. They must be looking for the proper PR answer to my questions.
sheesh you are still in better shape than me brother.
phx, az
white/black int/ cash/ no fsd
OD FEB 14........im day 2 into my 2nd 10 day edd......ive have 6 or 7 different edd's....heres the kicker, NO VIN. No source code VIN either.

goodluck to ya.

I sent an email to my SA team (since I've had three different people respond to me now) and asked for an update:

As you all are probably aware, there are hundreds of people collaborating on Tesla forums regarding delivery times.

It has been confirmed through numerous sources that a number of vehicles were shipped out from the factory without charging inverters and the service centers had to order the part and install the missing part prior to delivery.

I'm asking for full transparency here so I can plan. I've already secured financing and insurance and do not want to pay weeks of either without an actual car in my possession.

I'm two days into my current window without a firm delivery date. Is my car affected by the missing charger inverter, and if so, what is the timeline for that being installed and me taking delivery?

It's been radio silence so far and they have turned around most of my questions in a few minutes previously. They must be looking for the proper PR answer to my questions.

Continuing the theme of lightheartedness, try texting them:

*Knock, knock*

They aren't a human if they don't ask who's there IMO.

In between now and then they received an order of charge ports. We KNOW this, because they are delivering complete cars now. They SHOULD have overnighted charge ports to every SC that they sent defective cars to. But according to my SC, they weren’t even informed and had to order the parts themselves…. you tell me. Is that incompetence or intentional neglect? Or maybe the SC lied to me? Which one of those options best fits your view of Tesla?
Agree it's BS. My service center said maybe 7-10 days on the part but also said it could be longer. Assuming it's a small part why is it not being shipped next day if the factory is cranking out cars with them? Very frustrating my car is sitting there and I can't get it and don't know when I can.

Reactions: Panel Gaps
Try La Barbeque or Kerlin's.

If up by Cedar Park, Interstellar is excellent and rivals the rest of them. Franklin's has really good brisket but you should really try them all. I don't like lines so I don't think Franklin's is worth the wait if you are waiting in line (you can do pre-order to go though).

Edit: Actually, if you are all the way in New Braunfels, just go to Valentina's. They are south, south Austin and much closer to NB. I generally don't like Tex-Mex but they do it right. Their smoked stuff is amazing and I really enjoy their smoked brisket tacos. They sell traditional BBQ too.

but if you're in town and I'm available, I'll take your order and have a beer with ya.
Man that is awesome! Thank you for the suggestions. I love BBQ, Tex-Mex, and pretty much all things food. Many years ago I worked in New Braunfels for the Fire Dept and I still own a rental property there so I try to visit at least once a year. I will absolutely take you up on your offer for a beer and some BBQ. Next time i'm in town i'll hit you up.

If you're ever out in San Diego, we'll do the same! Except with burritos!!!

Agree it's BS. My service center said maybe 7-10 days on the part but also said it could be longer. Assuming it's a small part why is it not being shipped next day if the factory is cranking out cars with them? Very frustrating my car is sitting there and I can't get it and don't know when I can.
Very frustrating indeed. You're almost there bud. Lot closer than the rest of us. You'll be testing the 0-60 times in no time, hang tight.

Man that is awesome! Thank you for the suggestions. I love BBQ, Tex-Mex, and pretty much all things food. Many years ago I worked in New Braunfels for the Fire Dept and I still own a rental property there so I try to visit at least once a year. I will absolutely take you up on your offer for a beer and some BBQ. Next time i'm in town i'll hit you up.

If you're ever out in San Diego, we'll do the same! Except with burritos!!!

Sounds good man! I'm a former Californian, moved here 2.5 years ago. I lived in OC all my life and have family in SD. I used to hang out in Mira Mesa quite a bit and worked in Carlsbad for a couple years. I miss SD Mexican food for sure!

Reactions: RuTang
OD: 3/4
EDD: April
EDD 2: May-June
EDD 3: April 25th-May19th
4/25: VIN received
EDD 4: May 5th-May11th
EDD 5: TBD

This has been the frustrating to say the least. I’ve had a VIN since April 25th as some others have gotten with no clear window or contact AT ALL. I have things to and have cancelled travel because they told me I needed to be available soon but now it’s been TBD for 10 days now. Like come on, I’m actually OKAY with waiting but what I don’t like is being roped around with no communication.

Sounds good man! I'm a former Californian, moved here 2.5 years ago. I lived in OC all my life and have family in SD. I used to hang out in Mira Mesa quite a bit and worked in Carlsbad for a couple years. I miss SD Mexican food for sure!
Oh dang! That's awesome bro! How are you liking the Austin life?
It's interesting how Cali-Mex food and Tex-Mex are so different. We just don't have very good BBQ here like in Texas. Well next time you're in town visiting fam lets link up and grab some beers and some good Cali-Mex..

Reactions: Not That M3
Please keep us posted on when they do reply to you.
What is your vin number range? We're experiencing the same exact EDD shifts.
My VIN is 2406xx

Here is the response from an SA and I believe it considering how transparent they have been with me so far:

Yes, your vehicle along with many others are affected by the missing part. We should have a better update by next week regarding completion and scheduling. We will be in touch with you once we have additional information, but your vehicle is also still in transit to our location at this time.

There must also be shipping delays with the vehicles since it's been 11 days since I was assigned a VIN and the service center has yet to receive the vehicle.

Hearing rumors new Model 3s are being delivered with the old headlights instead of the matrix headlights. Can anyone confirm? Does it apply to only specific variants (i.e SR, LR, Performance).
I will be able to confirm today when I pick up my M3P. I'll keep everyone posted on what I see at delivery center. I'll ask and look around.

I’ve been pushing along similar lines by text and finally got them to admit yesterday that it is the charger part and the line is they don’t expect the part until the week of 16th. EDD just keeps moving one day at a time, currently 5/6-5/10.

After a week of them telling me they have no way of knowing where the car is, just this morning got them to confirm that the car is physically at the Decatur, GA store.

I’ve been pushing along similar lines by text and finally got them to admit yesterday that it is the charger part and the line is they don’t expect the part until the week of 16th. EDD just keeps moving one day at a time, currently 5/6-5/10.

After a week of them telling me they have no way of knowing where the car is, just this morning got them to confirm that the car is physically at the Decatur, GA store.
That's interesting that your car is at the service center and mine has yet to arrive delivering to Roswell.

• Informative
Reactions: riles
chrome_QlYsSkIQl3.png
still no update on the EDD

do u think ill get it on May???

That's interesting that your car is at the service center and mine has yet to arrive delivering to Roswell.
Does seems surprising. I guess it could be there is enough volume at the two Atlanta service centers to have separate shipments to each. But who knows why mine showed up first—I know your order date was two days ahead of mine, but my VIN is ahead of yours, at 233XXX

But I do know I probably won’t be able to resist driving over and walking the lot looking for mine now.

Rofl why?
In all sincerity, most of us have waited between 60-90 days average from order to delivery. That's with no factory shutdowns here in the U.S. I'm not sure if you would get yours from Germany or China, but either way Germany is ramping up, China had shutdowns so I suspect it's going to take a little longer. I hope it doesn't and that you do take delivery in May but I wouldn't hold your breath.

Hearing rumors new Model 3s are being delivered with the old headlights instead of the matrix headlights. Can anyone confirm? Does it apply to only specific variants (i.e SR, LR, Performance).
I think the headlights you'll get depends on what "Joe" on 2nd shift electrics pulls out of the parts bin that the forklift dropped off that day.....