Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s hardly any east coast deliveries happening. Which I guess isn’t to weird. But I’m hoping that will pick up rapidly. I’m seeing a lot of white VINs getting matched. My delivery estimate changed about 3 hours ago from 12/3 - 12/31 which is the entire month to 12/12 til 12/26 which is a 14 day window. I should have a vin assignment almost imminently now.

It’s hardly any east coast deliveries happening. Which I guess isn’t to weird. But I’m hoping that will pick up rapidly. I’m seeing a lot of white VINs getting matched. My delivery estimate changed about 3 hours ago from 12/3 - 12/31 which is the entire month to 12/12 til 12/26 which is a 14 day window. I should have a vin assignment almost imminently now.
Awesome! Hoping you do soon then! Mine still says 12/5-12/31

Thanks to the guys that did the measurements for everyone. Was wondering was that done on flat surface? If you are parked on a driveway with tail in head out on a slanted driveway, it would lower the car by default. Just wanted to ask. Thanks!

Thanks to the guys that did the measurements for everyone. Was wondering was that done on flat surface? If you are parked on a driveway with tail in head out on a slanted driveway, it would lower the car by default. Just wanted to ask. Thanks!

Good question. I did the measurements both in the garage and on the driveway. I was a little surprised when I got the same results for both locations and for front and back as my driveway has a pretty decent slope.

Reactions: c4Lvin
hFCsZ3e.png

Looks pretty similar !

Just picked her up and took some quick pics and measurements. Measures 15.5” front and back from the center of the hub to fender. And about 1.5” from top of tire to fender. View attachment 613895 View attachment 613906View attachment 613907 View attachment 613908View attachment 613909 View attachment 613910
Wow. Stunning. Now I'm really kicking myself for not going with the white.

Next project... Can you someone get some rolling stills or video? I'd like to see how this wheel looks rolling.

Thanks for taking time to do meassurements and pictures!

I still feel divided regarding the height. Some pictures look nice, some look very high - like different setups.

Guess we need to see it in person or wait for better videos.

Likewise and I ordered 10/25 MSM/White out of New Jersey.

Received VIN on Sunday and then received the text from Tesla yesterday to setup delivery appointment. Monday Dec 14th was the first date available so I took that. Decatur, GA (Atlanta.) I'm guessing that it will get here earlier then that and they will call to see if I can come to get it earlier.

Reactions: CA4Fun
Received VIN on Sunday and then received the text from Tesla yesterday to setup delivery appointment. Monday Dec 14th was the first date available so I took that. Decatur, GA (Atlanta.) I'm guessing that it will get here earlier then that and they will call to see if I can come to get it earlier.
I am also in Atlanta with an order date of 11/4. No Vin yet. What was your order date?

I agree with those that think the wheel gap is too much. Certain angles seem to exacerbate or minimize this appearance. KetlekNW pics appear to be from a lower angle than mine and I’d say his (or hers) capture the “feel” of the gap better. As a life long German car owner, this wheel gap feels huge. Its does need a .5-.75 drop, in my opinion.

Reactions: Ralbright
Hi everyone, new to the forum here and have an M3P white on white on the way. Ordered 10/21, delivery eta today’s date-12/23, picking up in Costa Mesa, CA. No VIN yet but hopefully any day now!

Regarding the wheel gap concerns, I have a lot of experience in photography and can confirm it’s an illusion, nothing to worry about. Camera angle and focal length of the lens makes the gap look bigger than it is in certain photos.

In the attached comparison, the red car picture was taken close up with a wide angle lens, causing a slight distortion and making the gap look big (notice the wheel also appears more oval, not circular like the white car.) The white car picture was taken farther back with a longer focal length lens, so the proportions are more accurate.

Anyway, good luck to you all still waiting!

Attachments

• 41CF1CC2-811C-4EB9-A046-922B08CA2C2C.jpeg
    41CF1CC2-811C-4EB9-A046-922B08CA2C2C.jpeg
    229.3 KB · Views: 82