Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1st estimated delivery date 11/22-12/20
2nd estimated delivery date 11/19- 11/29
3rd estimated delivery date 11/20 -12/20
4th estimated delivery date 12/11 - 12/25
got my vin this morning 12/6

my first delivery window: Sept. 23-30
Second window Nov. 10-26
Third window Dec. 5-15
Today is Dec. 6-11

Also got a VIN today.

I’m in the Bay Area, ordered M3P, silver with white interior, full self-driving. Originally ordered 9/23/20.

I’m beginning to think this might actually happen.

my first delivery window: Sept. 23-30
Second window Nov. 10-26
Third window Dec. 5-15
Today is Dec. 6-11

Also got a VIN today.

I’m in the Bay Area, ordered M3P, silver with white interior, full self-driving. Originally ordered 9/23/20.

I’m beginning to think this might actually happen.
Lol likewise I got VIN today as well. Delivery date change 12/17-12/27

For any devs who were interested in how I was polling to check for a VIN:

GitHub Repo
(Unofficial) Tesla API Documentation
Twilio API Documentation

Deployment
You may notice that the actual function is not wrapped in a loop of any sort. I have this deployed as a serverless application to AWS Lambda. I'm using a CloudWatch Event with Schedule Expression (rate(10 minutes)) to invoke this function every 10 minutes.

You will need to set the following environment variables:
TWILIO_ACCOUNT_SID,
TWILIO_ACCOUNT_TOKEN,
TESLA_TOKEN (lasts 45 days, how to generate)
PHONE_NUMBER (Twilio account number which will send the text)
MY_NUMBER (The number by which you'd like to be notified)

If you wanted to run this on a persistent server (including maybe even your own PC assuming your network I/O never sleeps), you could wrap the handler function in a loop and use setTimeout or setInterval, or even use something like node-cron for more granular schedule expressions (i.e., every other Monday or something).

Requirements
You'll obviously need a Twilio Account to generate the SID and Auth Token. They offer a generous free trial (last I checked, $20 worth of texting credit which is WAY MORE than enough). I didn't implement programatic OAuth authentication for the Tesla API here, and instead provided the access token directly because the tokens last 45 days, and I will certainly not be using this beyond that timeframe.

This is by no means robust, polished, or plug-and-play. If the less-techie people would like something that is a bit more intuitive and ready-to-launch, I'd be willing to polish this a bit more.

For any devs who were interested in how I was polling to check for a VIN:

GitHub Repo
(Unofficial) Tesla API Documentation
Twilio API Documentation

Deployment
You may notice that the actual function is not wrapped in a loop of any sort. I have this deployed as a serverless application to AWS Lambda. I'm using a CloudWatch Event with Schedule Expression (rate(10 minutes)) to invoke this function every 10 minutes.

You will need to set the following environment variables:
TWILIO_ACCOUNT_SID,
TWILIO_ACCOUNT_TOKEN,
TESLA_TOKEN (lasts 45 days, how to generate)
PHONE_NUMBER (Twilio account number which will send the text)
MY_NUMBER (The number by which you'd like to be notified)

If you wanted to run this on a persistent server (including maybe even your own PC assuming your network I/O never sleeps), you could wrap the handler function in a loop and use setTimeout or setInterval, or even use something like node-cron for more granular schedule expressions (i.e., every other Monday or something).

Requirements
You'll obviously need a Twilio Account to generate the SID and Auth Token. They offer a generous free trial (last I checked, $20 worth of texting credit which is WAY MORE than enough). I didn't implement programatic OAuth authentication for the Tesla API here, and instead provided the access token directly because the tokens last 45 days, and I will certainly not be using this beyond that timeframe.

This is by no means robust, polished, or plug-and-play. If the less-techie people would like something that is a bit more intuitive and ready-to-launch, I'd be willing to polish this a bit more.
Very impressed sir! I’ve done many a Twilio integration. And nice choice with AWS Lambda for deployment. Lol I’d totally set this up had it been yesterday. Got my VIN today! But thanks again

Any update my Bay Area people? Still nothing for me this morning.

I’m in the Bay Area and last night I got a new delivery window then this morning got a VIN then just now got the “Tesla delivery reminder” text saying my M3P will be ready to pick up at the Fremont factory on 12/8. The long wait is finally coming to an end. My configuration is MSM exterior, while interior, full self-driving. I originally ordered 9/23, when the wait times was originally listed as 1 week, so it’s been a long wait.

I’m in the Bay Area and last night I got a new delivery window then this morning got a VIN then just now got the “Tesla delivery reminder” text saying my M3P will be ready to pick up at the Fremont factory on 12/8. The long wait is finally coming to an end. My configuration is MSM exterior, while interior, full self-driving. I originally ordered 9/23, when the wait times was originally listed as 1 week, so it’s been a long wait.

Congrats. Enjoy! Good news, sounds soon then for us!