Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Over a year! I guess I should cut Tesla some slack.

it was a crazy process, people watching ships leaving the harbors to track deliveries coming out of Germany where they were manufactured. Then they sat in ports in the states forever. Then finally deliveries started. Then they abruptly stopped when the whole wrong head gasket scandal broke. Then the nightmare recall for those who had cars already, fixes in port for the cars not yet delivered. It was absolutely whacko. My car was "fixed" in port, which include the destruction of the front splitter by the jokers who loaded the car onto a truck that did not have low profile ramps. Getting that part replaced was months and months because Ford had no stock of parts for a car with such a limited production run. This is painless by comparison.

The rep I spoke with from the 1800# said to expect majority of California deliveries to be during the last two weeks of the month.

I picked up mine at the factory today. Ordered 9/23, so I think Cali cars are starting come through. All I can say is the thing accelerates like crazy and hugs the road through the turns.

Picked mine up yesterday in Houston, TX, Black with white interior.
C24F1D20-5DD8-42F3-AC08-F6D55C356585.jpeg

well I tried to get VIN matched to a *local* inventory 2021 car. and they said that its actually a preproduction vehicle. which is strange because if I cancel my order, and click buy on that one, which you can do, I would be VIN matched right away. I guess the wait continues for us.
Yeah, that is quite strange. I suppose that cars you are automatically matched to have already been built?