Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Where was it? I am confused lol
Yeah, that is quite strange. I suppose that cars you are automatically matched to have already been built?
yes. they also said, that its not available for sale yet. so its built but can not be matched yet. which is why they call it preproduction. which I feel is strange. as I could buy it now. but im still doing digging with contacts.
yes, I did
oh ok I see, I was nervous for you... glad that is cleared.
so I was casually browsing tesla.com and find this

Oh *sugar*, maybe I can get a P3 earlier than Dec 22! So I call my SA and they look up the car.... it's not really in philly :( so I still have to wait.
for the most part.... I guess.
Where was it? I am confused lol
apparently still in Fremont, CA or possibly heading for the rail yard to be transported to the east coast. still very strange that someone could buy that car now, and get it, however we can not be VIN matched to it. I do know this is not all the way true as, my current M3P was matched in this very way when I got it back in may/19.

apparently still in Fremont, CA or possibly heading for the rail yard to be transported to the east coast. still very strange that someone could buy that car now, and get it, however we can not be VIN matched to it. I do know this is not all the way true as, my current M3P was matched in this very way when I got it back in may/19.

they list it as being in philly, I'm 50 miles away... I would've gone to pick it up tomorrow :( My plan was to ask my SA to give me that car's vin, but alas.... here we are.

I ordered M3P White on white 11/30 and on 12/3 was told by my sales advisor that the car may not come this month as they see no M3P's scheduled to be built for my area. Also that I would have to wait and see what was available because a car is always available from cancelled orders and such. My scheduled delivery date is 12/14-12/31. No Vin yet.

I ordered M3P White on white 11/30 and on 12/3 was told by my sales advisor that the car may not come this month as they see no M3P's scheduled to be built for my area. Also that I would have to wait and see what was available because a car is always available from cancelled orders and such. My scheduled delivery date is 12/14-12/31. No Vin yet.

What area is that?

This is what I was getting at, when I said East coast deliveries are beginning to fall behind. It was not this far into December before with soooo many people without vins. But I have hope, as if it’s one company that can pull it off it’s Tesla. Might have QC issue but it could be delivered.

M3P wears black well. Still at the top of my list with the updated 3. Have owned several black cars in my time. Looks amazing when clean.

Yeah, the car looked amazing when we picked it up. Problem we dropped it off immediately to get windows tinted, front end PPF and rest ceramic coating, since place we using is in same complex as Tesla. First car I ever bought that I didn’t drive home day I bought it.

Reactions: Willybeen