Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On a better note, looks like, most likely, you guys may get the refresh of refresh with the new door panels. Big *maybe* there. It’s in China made cars now. And heated steering wheels is confirmed in China. Soooooo you guys could get stuff which we didn’t get. Like said, Tesla always does this. So even when these refresh 2021 are refreshed again in 2021 and still 2021 people will be behind again.

• Informative
Reactions: jmbloom_m3p
For those that want a vehicle but have been pushed to March, a Red/Black new vehicle just popped into inventory. I think if you buy it via the app or have your SA VIN match you that you’d be able to take delivery of this one quick. Mine shipped from Boston to NC and arrived in just a few days.

Attachments

• 612A4419-7F97-4A6F-BBD4-87AF6DEC056F.png
    612A4419-7F97-4A6F-BBD4-87AF6DEC056F.png
    486.7 KB · Views: 133
On a better note, looks like, most likely, you guys may get the refresh of refresh with the new door panels. Big *maybe* there. It’s in China made cars now. And heated steering wheels is confirmed in China. Soooooo you guys could get stuff which we didn’t get. Like said, Tesla always does this. So even when these refresh 2021 are refreshed again in 2021 and still 2021 people will be behind again.
[QUOTE="Tholland, post: 5242400, member: 101725

that’s cool, I think you have to be within 100 miles of that dealer but Simeon will get lucky. I’m in SD & been checking the existing stock once and a while.

Well, it just arrived! Literally under the wire.

View attachment 623080

Yes it is dark and I am tired but it actually looks pretty damn good. What a relief. A couple of small alignment issues I see but nothing glaring so far. Tomorrow for the serious going over. Wow. What an experience. FWIW, the delivery team was super respectful and patient with me. They have been delivering all night long now for days apparently. Last night their last delivery ended at 6am (yes this morning). Truly whacko process. I hope nothing major turns up and I can just have some fun
That is absolutely nuts. Well you got it, congrats!

HI All,

Update on my end - and so as not be bury the lede, I have 2 VINs now assigned to me. Happy to coordinate with someone once I release one of the models

I was working with and giving crap to my SA this week due to the complete incompetence of the company filling promised orders to M3P customers. He found a demo 2020 model to match me to, but I decided to pass given the $2k difference wasn't enough to offset the 2021 improvements. So he then unmatched me.

Immediately after, I check my account and it shows i'm waiting on a 2020 white on black (not a 2021). Clearly this doesn't make sense, but I don't have the time at that moment to call the SA. I do get an email saying my order has been modified, but the image is of a 2020 model. I sure as hell am not going to take a new 2020 model when I ordered a 2021. I tried calling the SA around 5:00 but no answer.

Fast forward to 3:30 AM new years day and I wake up and check Tesla inventory. Lo and behold, there is my exact model white on black 2021 no FSD in inventory. I pull the trigger right then, having missed on a number of other inventory models previously due to my SA not being able to act fast enough.

When I check my account this morning, I show expected delivery of 2 vehicles.
The First - is what on the surface appears to be the 2020 model
The second - is the 2021 model

However, when I dive into the details and look at the VINs, they are separated by only 2 digits.

What's notable, is that I got a text from Tesla on Wednesday saying that my model was delayed to March. The SA, also confirmed the same and trying to put me into a M3 I didn't want. (Note: I'm beginning to think here that this was a strategy to bump up sales numbers before the EOY).

I'll call a Tesla SA tomorrow to get things squared away. But, for anyone in the bay area that wants a white on Black 2021 MP3 no FSD - I have one for you. Happy to coordinate with you on the timing of releasing the 2nd car (likely once I have a chance to check out the 1st car).

Also, Tesla better credit my account the second $100 down payment given the incredibly incompetence of the company.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-01-01 at 9.32.14 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-01-01 at 9.32.14 AM.png
    430.6 KB · Views: 58
  • Screen Shot 2021-01-01 at 9.32.56 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-01-01 at 9.32.56 AM.png
    296.2 KB · Views: 61
Reactions: Jackspat2
HI All,

Update on my end - and so as not be bury the lede, I have 2 VINs now assigned to me. Happy to coordinate with someone once I release one of the models

I was working with and giving crap to my SA this week due to the complete incompetence of the company filling promised orders to M3P customers. He found a demo 2020 model to match me to, but I decided to pass given the $2k difference wasn't enough to offset the 2021 improvements. So he then unmatched me.

Immediately after, I check my account and it shows i'm waiting on a 2020 white on black (not a 2021). Clearly this doesn't make sense, but I don't have the time at that moment to call the SA. I do get an email saying my order has been modified, but the image is of a 2020 model. I sure as hell am not going to take a new 2020 model when I ordered a 2021. I tried calling the SA around 5:00 but no answer.

Fast forward to 3:30 AM new years day and I wake up and check Tesla inventory. Lo and behold, there is my exact model white on black 2021 no FSD in inventory. I pull the trigger right then, having missed on a number of other inventory models previously due to my SA not being able to act fast enough.

When I check my account this morning, I show expected delivery of 2 vehicles.
The First - is what on the surface appears to be the 2020 model
The second - is the 2021 model

However, when I dive into the details and look at the VINs, they are separated by only 2 digits.

What's notable, is that I got a text from Tesla on Wednesday saying that my model was delayed to March. The SA, also confirmed the same and trying to put me into a M3 I didn't want. (Note: I'm beginning to think here that this was a strategy to bump up sales numbers before the EOY).

I'll call a Tesla SA tomorrow to get things squared away. But, for anyone in the bay area that wants a white on Black 2021 MP3 no FSD - I have one for you. Happy to coordinate with you on the timing of releasing the 2nd car (likely once I have a chance to check out the 1st car).

Also, Tesla better credit my account the second $100 down payment given the incredibly incompetence of the company.

dibs lol. Shoot me an email [email protected] or PM me. Thanks!

Sorry to see that many have been pushed potentially to March, but I'm happy for all of us that managed to get matched!

Been driving constantly during my time off these last couple of weeks and it's been nothing short of expectations. Hope everyone enjoys as much as I have!

View attachment 623147
Beautiful. Good on catching that one in inventory. I’m still waiting for my red/black MP3 which is looking like March now. Maybe invest my down payment into TSLA?

Reactions: adregia
Delivery estimate came back...no VIN though...

Estimated Delivery: February 18 - March 18
Me too

I'm livid. I tried calling the number that sent me the text saying car was going to be delayed.(a 510 area code) but it said it was disconnected.

I plan on contacting the California Department of Consumer Affairs, the CA DMV and any other state or federal agency that helps consumers.
I also plan on telling my story on every social media platform I can
and also contacting any media outlet to see if they want to pick up the story.

You cannot assign a specific car with a specific VIN to someone, have them pay the full balance, then renege on the deal

M3P Red/Black FSD ordered 10/22 - 10 weeks ago - estimate at the time said 5-9 weeks
12/29 vin assigned 879XXX
12/29 paid in full $70K via Plaid
12/29 Delivery scheduled for 12/31 5pm at delivery center
12/30 9pm text from 510-241-4178 saying car will be delivered in "first few months of 23021" - VIN still showing Tesla My account page
12/31 Email and called delivery center multiple times left messages
12/31 Sales advisor called said they would find out what happened and clal me back
1/1/2021 crickets

Yes it is dark and I am tired but it actually looks pretty damn good. What a relief. A couple of small alignment issues I see but nothing glaring so far. Tomorrow for the serious going over. Wow. What an experience. FWIW, the delivery team was super respectful and patient with me. They have been delivering all night long now for days apparently. Last night their last delivery ended at 6am (yes this morning). Truly whacko process. I hope nothing major turns up and I can just have some fun

Congrats, you made it! And dent free too! :D

Me too

I'm livid. I tried calling the number that sent me the text saying car was going to be delayed.(a 510 area code) but it said it was disconnected.

I plan on contacting the California Department of Consumer Affairs, the CA DMV and any other state or federal agency that helps consumers.

You cannot assign a specific car with a specific VIN to someone, have them pay the full balance, then renege on the deal

M3P Red/Black FSD ordered 10/22 - 10 weeks ago - estimate at the time said 5-9 weeks
12/30 9pm text from 510-241-4178 saying car will be delivered in "first few months of 23021" - VIN still showing Tesla My account page
12/31 Sales advisor called said they would find out what happened and clal me back
1/1/2021 crickets

Count me in as I have the exact same story to tell. Now the delivery date is 1/1-1/4 at the online account while my SA told me yesterday it is going to be 2.5 weeks. I don't know what to believe anymore.

Me too

1/1/2021 crickets

I’m rooting for you, I hope your story reaches someone of some importance at Tesla. Maybe you can contact one of those groups on Instagram such as “Tesla owners of Silicon Valley” to help you. They seem to have pretty good success of getting in touch with elon on Twitter and might have other resources.

Congrats, you made it! And dent free too! :D
Update: I did squeak under the wire and got the free SuperCharging for a year. I finally had a chance to really inspect the car. And I’ll be damned but it is almost perfect. And I mean my level if anal perfect. Super minor body panel adjustments in a couple of spots and I think many many people (not on this forum) would never notice. Only true “need a repair” is on the very very end of the right bumper tip near the tail light it looks like the tail light nicked it basically between the edge of the light and the tip - I almost missed it so small ( the edges of those suckers are sharp). Two tiny dot touch ups and it will look good as new. And I love the pearl white. It is just beautiful.

Zero mechanical issues.

I am floored it is this good for that hour of the night last minute delivery.

I will post more pics but going driving!

And yes new headlights.

Edit: Found one real repair - rear USB C ports have no power. Literally the only real issue. I checked and connector is plugged in properly, same cable works fine up front so maybe bad USB module back there. NBD.

Edit 2: Not the ports. The cable. Known problem finicky with cables and iPhones.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: dalton108