Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room [2020-2023]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Venom make sure and check the insurance rates on the S vs. the 3. I had the opportunity to "steal" by Dad's 2017 Model S last year when he traded on a Y, but the insurance was RIDICULOUS and I had to pass. Might be a factor...

Tim
Honestly, I think I’ll just stick with the 3. It has everything I need and the Model S is too big for me. I’ll keep the order open for now in case I change my mind agai, but i think I’ll enjoy the 3 a lot more.

Reactions: TBrownTX and Mr X
Lol! Which model S are you going with?

I’m VERY tempted to join you. I’ve never driven a Model S but I’ve heard it isn’t as fun as a Model 3. I mainly want to have fun in it! I LOVE the HUD behind the steering wheel though. Thoughts?

Im going to keep the car for at least 5 years

going with a basic white on black LR w/ fsd. I wasn’t expecting that big of a price jump lol otherwise I’d get red with arachnid wheels. Hoping the drive is a bit more fun than the older s. I have only driven a loaner s and could immediately tell the difference.

Well, I’m at least out of this waiting room. Cancelled my order from 10/19/20. Moving on to the refresh S room! I’ll take all the horror stories from my performance 3 order as a win!

i dont understand how you ordered in October and still didnt get the car? I am in the Bay area too and ordered like 20th December and got the car Jan 5th..

congrats on the S order! I would have seriously considered the S as well but I got the 3 in early :D not sure how I feel about the yoke though...and apparently its going to try and guess if you want to go Forward or Backwards?

i dont understand how you ordered in October and still didnt get the car? I am in the Bay area too and ordered like 20th December and got the car Jan 5th..

congrats on the S order! I would have seriously considered the S as well but I got the 3 in early :D not sure how I feel about the yoke though...and apparently its going to try and guess if you want to go Forward or Backwards?

me neither man. I even had a vin and delivery date. I went to pick it up and the car never showed up.

Reactions: SummerlinChiro
I was just thinking, I wonder if our P3Ds are going to be delayed because of the Model S refresh?

Elon said they were producing Model S right now to be delivered in February/March. Does this mean Model 3 production has halted or is a lot slower? o_O

Possibly, but at a starting price of 80K a pop, I don’t imagine the volume/demand will be nearly as high as with the 3.

Tim

So I got an email to pick up where I left off on my order (insurance)

So l login, and discover that my order has disappeared from my account entirely.

I'm going to relax and assume it is a glitch...

M3P Blue on Black
Las Vegas Nevada
Ordered 11/7
Promised by 12/31
Most recently listed delivery window Feb 19-Mar 19
Now disappeared...

Brand new18x9 Enkei's & Michelin Sport Pilot AS4's waiting for a car...

Hi All! Looks like we are in for a long wait together :D. I'm hoping we will start seeing some VINs delivered soon!

Order placed: 1/12/2021
Estimated Delivery: March 9 - March 30
Model 3 Performance
Pearl White Multi-Coat/White Interior
With FSD

Welcome! I hope so too, but I'm guessing we'll be waiting until mid to late March for delivery since we're both in the Midwest!

Reactions: Avn1284
After lurking this place for a long time I can officially join a wait room!

ORDERED: 1-29-21
ESTIMATED : 3-13 - 3-31
M3P - WHITE / WHITE
DEVON, PA DELIVERY

Haha yes! Congratulations.

Anything you are particularly excited about, or would like to see change?

I’m holding out hope for those 2.0 door panels and a heated steering wheel.

We should know soon once the EU deliveries begin.

Tim

I'm a part of the party now too!

Ordered: 1/21/2021
Estimated: March 06 - March 31
Model 3 LR - White / Black
Buena Park, CA Delivery

I did get an email this morning that said to input my insurance information.. and within said email, it gave me a delivery date of March 06 - April 03.. contradicting what it shows on my Tesla account.

Reactions: Avn1284
I'm a part of the party now too!

Ordered: 1/21/2021
Estimated: March 06 - March 31
Model 3 LR - White / Black
Buena Park, CA Delivery

I did get an email this morning that said to input my insurance information.. and within said email, it gave me a delivery date of March 06 - April 03.. contradicting what it shows on my Tesla account.
I got that too, on my Tesla profile it says March 15th - 31st, but the email asking me to add my insurance details shows a delivery day of March 15th - April 5th :(

I got that too, on my Tesla profile it says March 15th - 31st, but the email asking me to add my insurance details shows a delivery day of March 15th - April 5th :(

I noticed the email lines up w/ full weeks, versus the site which lines up with end of quarter.

I also called my SA after getting the email, he said it would likely be late February or early March before getting a VIN (3 weeks out). He suggested adding the car to insurance right away, apparently some people try to "time it" thinking they don't want to pay insurance for a car they don't possess yet. That leads to a delay in issuing temp plates (at least here in Texas).

Once you accept delivery you can call your insurance company and they can adjust the start date.

Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.