Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I never really understood the purpose of hiding a few digits of a vin. Pretty sure it’s on display on the car for the world to see.

Very true, however I still hid mine.

I don't share more than what's needed with any information, in any public forum.

Don't answer all those "answer these questions" posts on FB either.

People can piece together all kinds of information based on what someone shares online.

BRB, need to adjust my tinfoil hat.

Tim (or am I really)?

Very true, however I still hid mine.

I don't share more than what's needed with any information, in any public forum.

Don't answer all those "answer these questions" posts on FB either.

People can piece together all kinds of information based on what someone shares online.

BRB, need to adjust my tinfoil hat.

Tim (or am I really)?

Haha. Not knocking anyone for doing it. I’m all for privacy and obscurity, but the vin thing always made me laugh...

Reactions: TBrownTX
Maybe one of you can help answer this for me. I would greatly appreciate it.
I received my vin last week and I am 9 days away from the start of the "Estimated Delivery"(March 10 - March 16), how close to the delivery time frame do you usually get a call to schedule the pick up of the car?

Thank you!!
I got a VIN on 2/18 pickup window was 3/5-3/31. On 2/25, I saw the delivery was scheduled for 3/5 at 11pm and called and they changed it to 1pm and it quickly reflected the change on my account screen. On 2/27, I called again to change the pickup date to 3/8 due to my work schedule. All they asked for was the reason so it could be changed in the computer. You should get a delivery date real soon.

I got a VIN on 2/18 pickup window was 3/5-3/31. On 2/25, I saw the delivery was scheduled for 3/5 at 11pm and called and they changed it to 1pm and it quickly reflected the change on my account screen. On 2/27, I called again to change the pickup date to 3/8 due to my work schedule. All they asked for was the reason so it could be changed in the computer. You should get a delivery date real soon.
Thank you!!

Eddie, your sig says you ordered 9/25/2020. Are they jerking you around or are you jerking them around?
5 months wait with no end in sight for a standard car in California would be pretty epic, even for Tesla!
No. I ordered with the intent to take delivery at the end of last quarter. My deployment got extended so I had to push vin assigned to this quarter. COVID has made my schedule very unpredictable. Tesla’s strict pickup times has made it PITA to get a hold of a car. I haven’t been messed with by Tesla.... yet. Just hasn’t work out.

No. I ordered with the intent to take delivery at the end of last quarter. My deployment got extended so I had to push vin assigned to this quarter. COVID has made my schedule very unpredictable. Tesla’s strict pickup times has made it PITA to get a hold of a car. I haven’t been messed with by Tesla.... yet. Just hasn’t work out.

Thank you for your service, Eddie.

Tim