Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
soooooo looked at my account just now and this popped up. Date and time along with my address. Initially they said they would not deliver to the house and I would have to go pick it up.

Delivery Appointment​

Mar. 26, 2021, 9:00am - 6:00pm

We will notify you when your car has arrived at your delivery location.
Same. Was originally scheduled to pickup 9am Sunday, but they will now be delivering it to my house 9am Sunday... Did not receive a notification about this, just found out by looking at my account. Would much rather pick it up than have someone drive it to me.... Don't see how that's an effective use of their time either if they're really trying to squeeze these deliveries in before Q1.

Same. Was originally scheduled to pickup 9am Sunday, but they will now be delivering it to my house 9am Sunday... Did not receive a notification about this, just found out by looking at my account. Would much rather pick it up than have someone drive it to me.... Don't see how that's an effective use of their time either if they're really trying to squeeze these deliveries in before Q1.
I think you can contact them to change it back for you. I had something similar happen to me where my pickup location changed to a different SC. I emailed the advisor at the SC I wanted to pick up from and she quickly took care of it from her end.

I think you can contact them to change it back for you. I had something similar happen to me where my pickup location changed to a different SC. I emailed the advisor at the SC I wanted to pick up from and she quickly took care of it from her end.
For me - I never had (and they would never allow) the option to pickup. They insisted delivery even though I’m really close by the SC and had even been there to see the car. Who knows the reasons Tesla does what it does...

Tim

Just picked up my M3P at the Tesla facility in West Palm Beach, Florida.

The car is a total thrill - smooth, quiet and super quick.

I would grade the Tesla service quality for the delivery a C minus. Some of the processes they automate (partly for Covid) are impressive, but the car was not ready at our pickup time (being cleaned), the staff are young and seemed bored and indifferent. One of the staff members was nice, but she disappeared on us.

But hey, it is an awesome car and I am fortunate to own it.

Here are a few photos. The last one is of my 2015 BMW M235i MT - this car is going bye bye to a new owner on Saturday. I will miss the BMW, but not for long I expect.

Cheers,

Snade

Attachments

• 20210324_145849.jpg
    20210324_145849.jpg
    941.9 KB · Views: 71
  • 20210324_150215.jpg
    20210324_150215.jpg
    941.7 KB · Views: 56
  • 20210324_145920.jpg
    20210324_145920.jpg
    635.6 KB · Views: 66
  • 20210324_150002.jpg
    20210324_150002.jpg
    705.4 KB · Views: 73
  • 20210324_150158.jpg
    20210324_150158.jpg
    600 KB · Views: 69
Hey Guys, I know some of you have waited a long time for your car. But having spent the last few hours just zipping around Palm Beach County in my new M3P, I have to tell you - this thing is a f_cking rocket.

The sound system is a blast. The instant torque is off the charts.

Just totally fun.

Cheers,

Snade

Attachments

• 20210324_145849.jpg
    20210324_145849.jpg
    941.9 KB · Views: 61
Hey Guys, I know some of you have waited a long time for your car. But having spent the last few hours just zipping around Palm Beach County in my new M3P, I have to tell you - this thing is a f_cking rocket.

Just totally fun.

Cheers,

Snade
Nice. I'm patiently (not really) waiting for my red and black model to arrive. Hopefully soon!

Reactions: MadMax082 and Snade

Just totally fun.

Cheers,

Snade

What Snade said!

Tim

I don’t know why I’m here as I picked up mine last Saturday. I guess I feel good when people post that they for a VIN. Just makes me happy somehow :)

Same, I’ve had mine for over a week. Just fun to see everyone we have gotten to know getting theirs, and being excited for them.

In about a week it’ll be time to pass the torch to next quarter’s crew. An unlucky few will be left behind, as was the case last quarter.

While I may be a lot less active in this particular thread, I do enjoy the forum and plan on “seeing” you all in other threads!

Tim

When you guys ordered yours were there none available in inventory? I could have ordered one but when I clicked on available there were plenty I could choose from and I got my VIN immediately. Just wondering if that only happens late in the quarter.

Correct - not a single one. I ordered and took delivery of the car that was “built” for me. Being in Texas, I had to buy it sight unseen so it could be shipped to me. Worked out good though.

Tim

Reactions: JDMerica
Ordered my Model 3 LR 2 weeks ago and got a VIN immediately. I had a projected delivery date of between Mar 25th - 28th but those dates disappeared today which it looks like has happened to others on here. Out of curiosity I went to the site and clicked "build" and now its showing a 1 - 13 week wait time. Wow...

Adding complexity to my delivery is the fact I'm going out of state for 10 days on the 26th and since I haven't received a pickup text yet I'm assuming it's not getting delivered tomorrow. It sounds like people are getting 3 day windows which obviously isn't going to work. And for even further complication my wife is having surgery after we get back from our trip and won't be able to drive for a week or two. She's pretty much the only person who can take me to pick up the car which is an hour away (no friends or family in the area.) I literally have 3 days which I can take delivery April 5th, 6th, or 7th. Otherwise I'll need to wait weeks.

I notified my service center rep and told him all of this so we'll see what he says... Fingers crossed...

Ordered my Model 3 LR 2 weeks ago and got a VIN immediately. I had a projected delivery date of between Mar 25th - 28th but those dates disappeared today which it looks like has happened to others on here. Out of curiosity I went to the site and clicked "build" and now its showing a 1 - 13 week wait time. Wow...

Adding complexity to my delivery is the fact I'm going out of state for 10 days on the 26th and since I haven't received a pickup text yet I'm assuming it's not getting delivered tomorrow. It sounds like people are getting 3 day windows which obviously isn't going to work. And for even further complication my wife is having surgery after we get back from our trip and won't be able to drive for a week or two. She's pretty much the only person who can take me to pick up the car which is an hour away (no friends or family in the area.) I literally have 3 days which I can take delivery April 5th, 6th, or 7th. Otherwise I'll need to wait weeks.

I notified my service center rep and told him all of this so we'll see what he says... Fingers crossed...

Yeah the 3 day window thing is ridiculous. I put 5k down on it and have effectively "bought" the car but tomorrow was the last day they would let me come pick up the car. They would not, even with a manager allow me to come get it on the weekend. So they'd rather try and resell the car again then just let me buy it 2 days later? Because it's 200 miles from me on a Thursday, I have to pull both kids out of school, roadtrip with the wife there to pick it up and then drive both cars back.

Yeah the 3 day window thing is ridiculous. I put 5k down on it and have effectively "bought" the car but tomorrow was the last day they would let me come pick up the car. They would not, even with a manager allow me to come get it on the weekend. So they'd rather try and resell the car again then just let me buy it 2 days later? Because it's 200 miles from me on a Thursday, I have to pull both kids out of school, roadtrip with the wife there to pick it up and then drive both cars back.
Wow... That's going to piss me off if I have to go back to the start of the order queue. In fact I may not be buying a Tesla kind of pissed off.

• Funny
Reactions: Mr X