Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah the 3 day window thing is ridiculous. I put 5k down on it and have effectively "bought" the car but tomorrow was the last day they would let me come pick up the car. They would not, even with a manager allow me to come get it on the weekend. So they'd rather try and resell the car again then just let me buy it 2 days later? Because it's 200 miles from me on a Thursday, I have to pull both kids out of school, roadtrip with the wife there to pick it up and then drive both cars back.
They did not disclose that at all when I purchased the car (unless it was buried deep in something they made me accept) otherwise I would have waited. If it wasn't disclosed that's class action material...

They did not disclose that at all when I purchased the car (unless it was buried deep in something they made me accept) otherwise I would have waited. If it wasn't disclosed that's class action material...

Not gonna lie, I didn't read most of that crap but I agree. After buying cars for years the normal way I was pretty shocked. I'm putting up with all of it because I want the car but if they bumped me if I couldn't make it there in the 3 day window I would definitely just buy a different car.

I'd like the car as well especially given that I just bought $1500 worth of crap to go with it... So if I have to cut my trip short so be it. I just sent a very polite email to my service advisor asking if he could check where I'm at in the pipeline. I also asked at what point during the order process was the 72 hour pickup window disclosed.

Once I take delivery of the car I will be filing not quite as nice of a complaint with the BBB. I would suggest you do the same. The least we can do is get them to be more forthcoming about stupid policies like this. You should have to at a minimum click a checkbox stating "I agree that I have 72 hours to take delivery of my car once it arrives at the service center" That's not to much to ask and most people would just click it but I would have waited a week or two before ordering.

I went round and round with UPS once over a $1500 soundbar I shipped that looked like it was literally thrown off the back of a truck. Even though I insured it they denied my claim because it wasn't packed in the original box. Then why did they insure it for $60? It took a BBB complaint to get them to pay for my soundbar.

I went round and round with UPS once over a $1500 soundbar I shipped that looked like it was literally thrown off the back of a truck. Even though I insured it they denied my claim because it wasn't packed in the original box. Then why did they insure it for $60? It took a BBB complaint to get them to pay for my soundbar.
Fedex did the same thing to me with a subwoofer. It arrived completely destroyed, it was in a wooden crate and screwed into it. They denied for improper packaging even though I wasn't home and the dude threw it on my porch and signed my name on the form when you looked online.

Tesla's a great company and we all obviously love their product but that doesn't mean they shouldn't be called out for non-standard business practices like this. My wife has a Chrysler Pacifica hybrid minivan on order that's schedule to arrive the week after we start a 6 week road trip in our RV, I asked the dealership if that was going to be an issue and they said no problem. We'll just keep it on the lot until you get back.

Do all these new deliveries include the new headlights and heated steering wheels? My VIN is 9143XX and I don't know how to look up the build date and whether or not it comes with the new headlights / steering wheel. Any info appreciated!

If you call the SC you're picking up at, they should be able to tell you the build date. I want to say you'd be pretty safe now. Mine is a 926xxx and was built on March 15th. Assuming yours is a Feb car I think you'd be good?

Picked up my model 3 today! Couldn’t find any issues with it and all gaps looked really good. I’ll have more pictures when it’s not raining.

Attachments

• F355F67A-EED7-458A-BA42-EF14EDE9804C.jpeg
    F355F67A-EED7-458A-BA42-EF14EDE9804C.jpeg
    725 KB · Views: 90
Do all these new deliveries include the new headlights and heated steering wheels? My VIN is 9143XX and I don't know how to look up the build date and whether or not it comes with the new headlights / steering wheel. Any info appreciated!
I believe others on here with that same vin confirmed they had heating steering wheel and new headlights

I have a 925x vin and I have heated steering wheel and new headlights. I believe consensus is that vin isn’t sequential, so a 925x vin isn’t necessarily newer than a 914x.

Reactions: Filteq
FYI... From the order agreement PDF they email you:

Delivery; Transfer of Title. If you are picking up your Vehicle in a state where we are licensed to sell the Vehicle, we will no1fy you of when we expect your Vehicle to be ready for delivery at your local Tesla Delivery Center, or other loca1on as we may agree to. You agree to schedule and take delivery of your Vehicle within three (3) days of this date. If you do not respond to our no1fica1on or are unable to take delivery within the specified period, your Vehicle may be made available for sale to other customers. For new vehicles, if you do not take delivery within three (3) months of our first attempt to notify you, Tesla may cancel your order and keep your Order Fee.

Reactions: TBrownTX
Well she arrived at 7:08 pst. Couldn't find any major issues to refuse delivery. Did however find the headlights are not aligned. It's not a major issue and unless you really look you couldn't tell. Still going to put in a service call for them to fix it. Other than that the Albino Rhino is ready for work tomorrow. More pictures to come with better light

20210324_193902.jpg
20210324_193910.jpg
20210324_193925.jpg

I have 914xxx. Both are included. Ask your SA about the build date. I asked mine and he said my M3P was born on March 14. I picked it up on 20th.

Reactions: Primolak