Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How much are you thinking you’ll get quoted for the tint? I called G5 in Pasadena and they said $950 for the high-end ceramic tint and an extra $250 for the windshield.

I know there’s a lot of glass on these cars.

Also, when you slap on aftermarket rims, you can’t salvage the OEM TPMS?

And finally, what made you go with UP over MPP for your suspension upgrades?

I ask because I had my eye on MPP and rims and suspension are the first things I plan to get, after tint of course.
Ricky at G5 does good work (he’s been in business for a while) but his pricing isn’t the most competitive. Shop around and definitely get the windshield tinted. Also lots of M3 owners come back and get their roof tinted. Factory isn’t enough for SoCal...

Reactions: ImpatientBuyer
Ricky at G5 does good work (he’s been in business for a while) but his pricing isn’t the most competitive. Shop around and definitely get the windshield tinted. Also lots of M3 owners come back and get their roof tinted. Factory isn’t enough for SoCal...
Yeah, I plan on doing all the glass, the passenger windows, roof glass, and windshield even though it’s illegal in CA to tint the windshield, it’s worth the fix-it ticket simply for the looks and privacy.

Yeah, I plan on doing all the glass, the passenger windows, roof glass, and windshield even though it’s illegal in CA to tint the windshield, it’s worth the fix-it ticket simply for the looks and privacy.
Definitely. I always tint every windshield for a new car - it helps so much with the heat and looks great aesthetically. Not like we can get a state ref ticket for vehicle modifications haha.

How much are you thinking you’ll get quoted for the tint? I called G5 in Pasadena and they said $950 for the high-end ceramic tint and an extra $250 for the windshield.

I know there’s a lot of glass on these cars.

Also, when you slap on aftermarket rims, you can’t salvage the OEM TPMS?

And finally, what made you go with UP over MPP for your suspension upgrades?

I ask because I had my eye on MPP and rims and suspension are the first things I plan to get, after tint of course.
I’ve roughly estimated $1000 for tinting; I’m not sure how far I’ll go with it until I see the car in person (and drive it) and talk with whoever’s going to do the job.

You can move TPMS over, but I like to keep my originals on the rims with the tires in case one of my rims gets damaged - without having to mount/remount, I can just swap tires/wheels. I’m getting wider rubber as well, so I’d have the stock tires and wheels sitting around separately or I’d have to mount them w/o TMPS for storage.

I chose UP over MPP because of proximity; they both look to have great products so I chose the company that’s only about 30 minutes from me. Plenty of advantages to that from my standpoint.

I wouldn’t hesitate to buy MPP’s products - I have made a couple of purchases from them already (rotors and master cylinder brace).

Front Emblem from Emblems only in Black : MODEL 3 FRONT / REAR "T" BADGE REPLACEMENT (3 Colors)

Rear "T" Emblem from Emblems only in Black: T Badge Model 3 REAR (Custom Colors)

Rear Dual Motor Emblem from Abstract Ocean in Black: Dual Motor Emblem

Rear Dual Motor Emblem from RPM : DUAL MOTOR Badges - Black or Chrome With Stripe (Only $29 with 20% Off)

I bought two Dual motor emblems in case one is wonky... saw a bad review on RPM Tesla one after I bought it and didn't want to hold up the install while getting the PPF done.

Oh and I bought some jack lift pucks from Amazon.

Now I'm just trying to find a garage that does Inspection stickers in SW NH. The 3 I've called so far said they don't have the OBDII adapter needed to satisfy the inspection computer.
Perfect...thank you so much!

Reactions: Red Leader NH
Well… probably a good time to be a much more patient person than I am lol….

EDD still shows 2-11 weeks

Our friends in Fresno (who seem to be getting a little worn out of hearing from us BTW) have been keeping me posted on their internal “factory gate date” which has not been trending well:
  • Friday: 6/9
  • Yesterday: 6/10
  • Today: 6/12
I do not find this encouraging lol 😂

I'm planning on getting tint for my Model 3 once it arrives. The one quote I've received so far was $700-$900, but the shop isn't comfortable doing the windshield due to the potential of damaging the electronics. For those folks that were just discussing tint in the LA area, please let me know if you have shops that you like.

Also, my dates changed again today. I was 6/19-6/30, but have now moved 6/15-6/30, still no VIN.

I’ve roughly estimated $1000 for tinting; I’m not sure how far I’ll go with it until I see the car in person (and drive it) and talk with whoever’s going to do the job.

You can move TPMS over, but I like to keep my originals on the rims with the tires in case one of my rims gets damaged - without having to mount/remount, I can just swap tires/wheels. I’m getting wider rubber as well, so I’d have the stock tires and wheels sitting around separately or I’d have to mount them w/o TMPS for storage.

I chose UP over MPP because of proximity; they both look to have great products so I chose the company that’s only about 30 minutes from me. Plenty of advantages to that from my standpoint.

I wouldn’t hesitate to buy MPP’s products - I have made a couple of purchases from them already (rotors and master cylinder brace).
Ahh got it. Thanks for the clarification.

I'm planning on getting tint for my Model 3 once it arrives. The one quote I've received so far was $700-$900, but the shop isn't comfortable doing the windshield due to the potential of damaging the electronics. For those folks that were just discussing tint in the LA area, please let me know if you have shops that you like.

Also, my dates changed again today. I was 6/19-6/30, but have now moved 6/15-6/30, still no VIN.
Based on reviews (and their proximity to UP), I just sent a message to Concours Auto Spa in Torrance & MDR to get advice and an estimate. I have zero personal experience with them thus far, however.

If anyone else knows a good shop in the area to do ppf/ceramic coating/tint, I’m all ears.

Pretty sure it’s 5/10 assuming that’s when you submitted your payment/financing choice. I was in a similar situation. Deposit was last October and didn’t order until 4/8.
Spoke with an SA and it’s not 5/10. SA said that my “queue position” would be in front of someone who ordered on 5/10, but couldn’t really say where it would place me. For what it’s worth, no VIN and 2-11 weeks EDD

I'm in Atlanta, GA and I ordered my White on Black M3P (no FSD) on 4/12 and today my date changed from 6/18-6/30 to 6/17-6/30, but still no VIN. I can only assume White on Black is a very popular color combo, since people with other colors ordered after me and have received their vin, and some even their cars! It does make sense that it would be popular though, it is the cheapest option, though I just happen to really like it.