Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Based on reviews (and their proximity to UP), I just sent a message to Concours Auto Spa in Torrance & MDR to get advice and an estimate. I have zero personal experience with them thus far, however.

If anyone else knows a good shop in the area to do ppf/ceramic coating/tint, I’m all ears.
Signature Glass Tinting | Serving Costa Mesa, CA & Orange County I used them a while back from my non tesla car but they do great work. I also know a shop down in San Diego if you want.

I added FSD last week and this past weekend got my vin so I didnt originally order it with FSD back on 4/21. I think your configuration of interior exterior color has more to do with it than FSD they can add that with over the air update.
That’s what I assumed, but no one on the spreadsheet said they got their VIN with FSD.

Double checking I actually ordered in 4/22 although I’m not sure what date I filled everything out. Idk seems random af but would be cool to know the process.

Dates at June 15-30th (originally earliest was May 26th).

Signature Glass Tinting | Serving Costa Mesa, CA & Orange County I used them a while back from my non tesla car but they do great work. I also know a shop down in San Diego if you want.
Thanks! SD is a bit far if I don’t need to go all the way down there. I got a call from Doug at Concours a while ago, who called me within an hour or so of sending a message and I got a good feeling talking with him. I‘d like to get all three services (frontal + rockers PPF, ceramic coating, and tint) done together, and they offer a package that saves almost half the price of tint (normally 750 for full tint, 300 off with a package deal) and the total price is within my range, so I think I’m going to give them a shot. They’re pretty close to UP, so I’ll try to schedule them soon if not immediately after I have the suspension and front bumper work done.

I'm in Atlanta, GA and I ordered my White on Black M3P (no FSD) on 4/12 and today my date changed from 6/18-6/30 to 6/17-6/30, but still no VIN. I can only assume White on Black is a very popular color combo, since people with other colors ordered after me and have received their vin, and some even their cars! It does make sense that it would be popular though, it is the cheapest option, though I just happen to really like it.
My order details are in my signature. 😇

My EDD jumped from 6/17-6/30 to 6/16-6/30 today. So our dates are very similar.

Not sure what that means, but these days it makes me feel better just to talk about it. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Thanks! SD is a bit far if I don’t need to go all the way down there. I got a call from Doug at Concours a while ago, who called me within an hour or so of sending a message and I got a good feeling talking with him. I‘d like to get all three services (frontal + rockers PPF, ceramic coating, and tint) done together, and they offer a package that saves almost half the price of tint (normally 750 for full tint, 300 off with a package deal) and the total price is within my range, so I think I’m going to give them a shot. They’re pretty close to UP, so I’ll try to schedule them soon if not immediately after I have the suspension and front bumper work done.
UP is in socal?

I see on their website that they offer group buys for Tesla owners. I have a friend who also just got a Model 3, (SR+... 🙄 I know...), and he's thinking about doing PPF/ceramic/tint too, so maybe I'll see if he and I can get a deal by bringing in two cars. I'm going to call tomorrow and feel out the place.

My order details are in my signature. 😇

My EDD jumped from 6/17-6/30 to 6/16-6/30 today. So our dates are very similar.

Not sure what that means, but these days it makes me feel better just to talk about it. 🤷🏼‍♂️
Yeah, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a VIN soon. I saw another guy ordered a M3P on 4/7 and is taking delivery next week! It would be amazing if I was able to get my car before my road trip next weekend!

Reactions: Waltamobile
Ordered on 4/1/2021
-Model 3 Performance
-Deep Blue on Black
-No FSD

Original EDD was May 30 - June 30. It fluctuated a bit, but more or less stayed in that range. Like some others have mentioned, this week my EDD disappeared for about 5 days, and when it came back, my current EDD is showing July 9 - August 8. Dang.

Ordered on 4/1/2021
-Model 3 Performance
-Deep Blue on Black
-No FSD

Original EDD was May 30 - June 30. It fluctuated a bit, but more or less stayed in that range. Like some others have mentioned, this week my EDD disappeared for about 5 days, and when it came back, my current EDD is showing July 9 - August 8. Dang.
There was a guy in the LR room in a similar situation, he said his SA told him that it was because his financing/payment profile wasn’t completed… would that explain yours?

There was a guy in the LR room in a similar situation, he said his SA told him that it was because his financing/payment profile wasn’t completed… would that explain yours?
Correct. I test drove and ordered my car in Atlanta, and the advisor told me not to complete my payment info until I had a VIN. I just completed the financing section, and got approved 20 seconds later. My edit order button has just disappeared, so that is probably a good sign! Thanks for your help!

That’s what I assumed, but no one on the spreadsheet said they got their VIN with FSD.

Double checking I actually ordered in 4/22 although I’m not sure what date I filled everything out. Idk seems random af but would be cool to know the process.

Dates at June 15-30th (originally earliest was May 26th).
yea see I was worried about that as well thinking "will I get my vin/car before someone who hasn't provided all the info needed yet?". I have no idea if it makes any difference at all but seems like it should. I provided everything about three weeks ago except the insurance part , which I waited till I had my vin to put that info in. I really expected to hear from them by now since I got my vin but nothing as of this post.