Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why is this used M3P $69.7?! I assume it has FSD but didn't think that transferred over when buying used? Makes me want to flip my car and order another one... Or keep flipping until I can justify the S Plaid.
Yes. Demo models come with FSD. Someone else has said that it can be removed once you start the "Buy" process. Apparently you can config the Demo to not have FSD, bringing the price down closer to what a "New" model would cost.

When I took my test drive I was considering looking for a used one so I didn't have the wait... Minor scuffs and road chips on the front of my tester made the decision to buy new very easy. I am super particular and it would bother me too much. If you can overlook that stuff I say go for it but for me it was easier to wait for a "virgin" Tesla.

Nobody will drive my car ever unless it's in for service and then I'll be setting the valet mode with the lowest possible power and speed settings.
I'm like you in that I don't really let me people drive my cars, unless it's service. My current ICE is a stick shift, and people think I'm crazy because I flat out refuse to valet park it. I have three friends that I'd be ok with driving it in an emergency I guess. They all own the same car.

I stayed in a hotel last month for work, and of course the parking was either valet at the hotel, or park two blocks away. I decided to self park, but the valet wanted to hold my keys just while I was unloading my luggage (no driveway at this hotel). I asked him if he could drive stick, and he said "I can learn"

I sure hope he was joking! Anyway I basically threw my luggage at the front desk so I could go park before this valet needed to move my car.

• Funny
Reactions: Ribeyesteak
I'm like you in that I don't really let me people drive my cars, unless it's service. My current ICE is a stick shift, and people think I'm crazy because I flat out refuse to valet park it. I have three friends that I'd be ok with driving it in an emergency I guess. They all own the same car.

I stayed in a hotel last month for work, and of course the parking was either valet at the hotel, or park two blocks away. I decided to self park, but the valet wanted to hold my keys just while I was unloading my luggage (no driveway at this hotel). I asked him if he could drive stick, and he said "I can learn"

I sure hope he was joking! Anyway I basically threw my luggage at the front desk so I could go park before this valet needed to move my car.
LMAO at the "I can learn statement." A lot of valet drivers are in their teens or early 20s and they don't give two *sugars* about neutral dropping / clutch popping / giving 50% throttle and 10% clutch engagement.

Co-worker who ordered at the exact same time I did and has had his VIN since early this week, now just got the text to schedule his pickup.... now I am REALLY getting pissed off... He had a trade in, while I didn't and have since sold my car... I wonder if that played a role in him getting his sooner.

I’ve never let a valet drive a car... pissed of a GF or two but it’s just not happening. Seen too many YouTube’s of them going through a wall or over cement barriers. I’d rather eat MacDonalds or sleep in a dive motel before letting some rando in my car. Totally fine walking a few blocks to self park.
mend of the day something we’re to happen I’d blame myself and can’t live with the shame... 😂

Question to those in Massachusetts. We finnaly have a vin number.... and tesla wants us to provide proof of insurance. My insurance guy said he cant do anything till there is a title, and other forms... RMV¹ i think he said. What are you MA guys doing. Do i just submit insurance info for the vehicle im trading in?

Just got off the phone with my SA and he says he can "see" that I have a "soft VIN" assigned to a car that is slated to get a "hard VIN" or "stamped" around the 9th when it comes off the line.... has anyone heard of Tesla using these terms or did he just make them up to appease me?

Question to those in Massachusetts. We finnaly have a vin number.... and tesla wants us to provide proof of insurance. My insurance guy said he cant do anything till there is a title, and other forms... RMV¹ i think he said. What are you MA guys doing. Do i just submit insurance info for the vehicle im trading in?
Who is your insurance provider? I sent my VIN Over to my Insurance Agent, she got me an RMV1 form that's stamped and a policy update..

Reactions: Red Leader NH
Just got off the phone with my SA and he says he can "see" that I have a "soft VIN" assigned to a car that is slated to get a "hard VIN" or "stamped" around the 9th when it comes off the line.... has anyone heard of Tesla using these terms or did he just make them up to appease me?
From what I've seen of the internal Tesla systems, my guess is he is just making up these terms to appease you.
The "hard vin" or "stamped" date is probably what is showing in his system as the Factory Gate Date, which changes basically daily from what I've seen of mine. The "soft vin" probably doesn't exist.

Reactions: Doge-1
I'm also in this boat and the one call and email I've sent to Dedham aren't being returned. I've uploaded my insurance declarations insurance for my current cars but I don't know what the process is now. I gave my agent the VIN but she said she can't do anything until I've paid for the car.