Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Apparently, Tesla was able to fix all the issues I complained about on the M3P I rejected in one day... They really want me to look at the car tomorrow. I am so glad my delivery advisor was so nice to do that for me so quickly, even though I didn't accept delivery and the car isn't even mine yet.

Guys, it looks like a M3P isn't in my near future. I had to officially reject (for the second time) the car my SC tried to repair for me... I had faith in Tesla to fix everything like they said they would, but sadly they have failed me again... This body damage was not there when I first did the inspection and there was more issues that I found as well. At least my Model S estimated date is still June, which gives me some hope I'll get a great car soon, maybe? 😭

Attachments

• damage 2.jpg
    damage 2.jpg
    510.5 KB · Views: 96
  • damage 1.jpg
    damage 1.jpg
    298.2 KB · Views: 67
Guys, it looks like a M3P isn't in my near future. I had to officially reject (for the second time) the car my SC tried to repair for me... I had faith in Tesla to fix everything like they said they would, but sadly they have failed me again... This body damage was not there when I first did the inspection and there was more issues that I found as well. At least my Model S estimated date is still June, which gives me some hope I'll get a great car soon, maybe? 😭
Oh Man, that sucks! How does that even happen? 🤔

Sorry to hear. I thought I was the only one. I am right there with you. After waiting two months for my M3P was also damaged. At least in my case the car couldn’t even be repaired for delivery.

Reactions: Chris++
I just wanted to post some positive news for a change, since I know this thread is a group therapy process and it might help. I took delivery today and the car was pretty much perfect! My charge door is very slightly too high, but I'll look into adjusting it myself. My NFC key key cards melted in the sun! All wavy and bent up Lol.. But the dealer replaced them in a few minutes. The car is amazing and better than I was hoping for basically in every way. Zero panel gap issues. Zero wind noise at high speeds. Shocking power, even though I have experience driving P100Ds. So great all around. I sincerely hope the same result for all of you waiting here. Trust me, it's worth the long grind.
Congratulations!! She's beautiful! Enjoy the ride!

If you guys were in my shoes… Tesla destroyed my car in transport and could care less to make things right. I don’t even have a new delivery date for a replacement car. They just took my cash and there is no clear escalation path to get help. My options are below:

Buy a M3P demo car with 50-100 miles for the same price as new? Wait another two months or so for another M3P? Just be happy with my low mile BMW M4? Order the new BMW M3 CS?
If I was in your situation I would wait for a new vehicle. But I would try and get them to offer a year of free supercharging for the delay to prevent you from canceling the order.
I’d be tempted to take the demo model if they offered the same deal.

QQ for you MA [future] Tesla M3P owners -- what are you doing with your tires in the winter? Are you changing them? Have you been eyeing a good set?
My original plan was to buy a 80’s-90’s pickup truck but the used market is completely unhinged from reality right now. Probably just going to buy a beater with AWD. Would be nice keep the 3 in the garage on snow days.

If I was in your situation I would wait for a new vehicle. But I would try and get them to offer a year of free supercharging for the delay to prevent you from canceling the order.
I’d be tempted to take the demo model if they offered the same deal.
Right now the challenge is finding anyone at Tesla with the authority to do anything to solve the problem. Customer service says the first escalation point is the delivery center manager, but he resigned this week. My SA is trying to push the demo car for full MSRP. My focus is to get my money back and reevaluate buying a Tesla. Thankfully my M4 is in pristine condition and other than expensive service it’s really dependable.

Woke up to a text from Tesla and I got really excited!! Until I actually read it…

“Tesla Update - Have you considered trading in a vehicle with your upcoming Tesla purchase? Trade-In values are at all-time highs and we can provide a great quote with an effortless trade-in process. We can accept both Tesla and non-Tesla trades and many states will provide a discount on your sales tax for trading in. To see what you could receive for your potential trade, submit for a trade estimate at tesla.com/tradein and click "Accept". If you would like to move forward, respond "TRADE" to this text and an advisor will be in touch to help you move forward with the process.”

Such a tease…. Oh and I got pushed another day 24th - 30th now

My delivery is scheduled for tomorrow and I got an email yesterday saying I needed to complete my final payment and accept the terms. Open the site on PC and App and no option to approve anything. My payment terms have been under completed tasks for 2 months and now moved over to the "next steps" tab along with insurance which is also complete. Called Tesla Finance yesterday 2 hour wait for call back... They said everything looked good and I didn't need to do anything and I would see an option to accept the terms today on the site. Got another email today prompting me to accept the terms of financing and again I have no actions in my account.
Can anyone else confirm the same issue? I'm assuming these are auto-generated emails and probably just a glitch but it's concerning me that I'm going to drive 4 hours for delivery and they are going to tell me I didn't do something to complete the order. Add that to the stress of recent damage reported by others this has turned out to be more stressful than dealing with a shady in person dealership. I really think I would prefer to take my chances with the dealer games than all of this stress and uncertainty.
I know all dealers are having delivery delays it just sucks they aren't providing clear updates and information. I do have a buddy that ordered the new Bronco a couple months prior to my Tesla order and he still has no VIN and no update on when delivery might be scheduled. His window just says Aug-Oct. Original delivery was May until the chip shortage.