Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well guys I picked up my new model 3 today! Unfortunately it has 2 paint defects that need to be fixed on the rear rocker panels. The one on the passengers side is quite noticeable. Looks like a drip of paint and sticks out a good chunk. Tesla gave me the option to leave it or have them repaint it. Not thrilled I have to deal with this but looks like I will be taking it on on Monday to have them fix it. Rest of the car looks great! No other issues that I can see right now. It's also raining and the car got super dirty already so hard to really see more. But all gaps looks great and the interior looks great as well.
I would not get hung up on those defects, I doubt they are noticable from a 6ft view. You can probably wetsand it down to make it less noticable. or throw some PPF over it to mask it. You can probably mitigate it with a good polishing compound as well.

I bet that damage will occur over time from just driving anyways based on how close to the wheel well it is.

Reactions: viper077
I would not get hung up on those defects, I doubt they are noticable from a 6ft view. You can probably wetsand it down to make it less noticable. or throw some PPF over it to mask it. You can probably mitigate it with a good polishing compound as well.

I bet that damage will occur over time from just driving anyways based on how close to the wheel well it is.
Actually….valid points. Wet sand it flush, slight dab of touch up paint and PPF. Much better than repainting the entire rocker panel.

No VIN and you ordered 4/9?? Bizarre. You might need to press someone on this because that's ridiculous and could be an oversight. What were the specs of your car? I'm in Atlanta, too, so perhaps it's a Georgia issue?
White on Black without FSD. Nothing weird. I've been bugging my SA, but I honestly don't know who else to talk to. I can't lie, its been pretty annoying seeing people who order over a month after me getting their cars and I'm just sitting here 🙃 ...

Reactions: viper077
Went and dropped off the check from my bank today. Car was in the lot and the delivery team let me do a “preinspection” Everything looked great, consistent gaps, paint was perfect, interior was good but many things were still covered.

The car was in transport mode with one “alert” didn’t want to mess with it so I’m not sure what that was about.

One thing I noticed was that the QR code sticker that had the VIN said “new process” on it, not sure what that means. Overall I’m happy to be picking it up tomorrow!

Attachments

• 6F5D294D-445C-4D97-BED3-0D7E25BAEF12.jpeg
    6F5D294D-445C-4D97-BED3-0D7E25BAEF12.jpeg
    776.3 KB · Views: 78
Delivery experience was better than expected. Minor gap that was resolved in the few minutes. The drive home I was so excited I forgot all the controls I’ve been learning on YouTube videos for months. Had to stop at a rest area to refresh my memory how to use cruise and auto. Turns out I needed to turn these features on before being able to use.
I was doing some spirited driving from the dealer to my closest supercharger which was a 200 mile drive. Left Tesla with 300 miles of range and got to the charger with 32 miles left.
There was a nice couple that picked up their LR at the same time in NJ and we met at the charger in VT. They had 100 miles of range left but they caught a rock and cracked the windshield right over the VIN plate. I felt so bad for them I was heartbroken.
Couple things I noticed about Autopilot was if there’s any markings or light lines from roadwork it starts playing pong with the lines… also the 75 mph limit is no joke. I was trying to pass and gave it some juice in autopilot and when the speed went above 75 all sorts of alarms went off and disengaged autopilot. Alarm on the screen said it was disable for the remainder of the trip. I pulled over at another rest area and it worked fine when I got back on the road.
Hope everyone gets their Tesla soon!

Went and dropped off the check from my bank today. Car was in the lot and the delivery team let me do a “preinspection” Everything looked great, consistent gaps, paint was perfect, interior was good but many things were still covered.

The car was in transport mode with one “alert” didn’t want to mess with it so I’m not sure what that was about.

One thing I noticed was that the QR code sticker that had the VIN said “new process” on it, not sure what that means. Overall I’m happy to be picking it up tomorrow!
Looks REALLY good! Grats and such

Originally ordered 4/9 - VIN 5/29 - Took delivery today!!!! A few very minor things I noted (back seat usb-c’s don’t seem to work) and some slight panel alignment issues, but everything else is solid and she’s sooooo fun to drive. Have patience, you’ll all be ripping yours soon!

Attachments

• 40F59EDF-09DE-4181-9CA7-C923BF00726F.jpeg
    40F59EDF-09DE-4181-9CA7-C923BF00726F.jpeg
    543.4 KB · Views: 63
Well folks, tomorrow (6/11) is the big day! I’m scheduled for contactless Home delivery, and don’t need to be home or available at all. That being said, the delivery window is 9:30a - 6p. Tomorrow is going to be a LONG day of waiting. Kind of perfect timing, as tomorrow is also my last day of WFH!

I worked with my SUPER communicative SA to ensure that all documents, monies, and signatures are done. I hope she’s still around when I’m ready to buy a second Tesla!

I plan to spend some time tonight looking at some of the delivery checklists that others have used.

Omg lucky. I got my through Torrance Del amo mall too but picking up at Buena Park. Well they told me it would be delivered to me.
Same here. Initial order @ Del Amo, was told I’d p/u @ MDR, but when I talked to a service/delivery center, she said they’ll probably deliver to my home, even though when I initially requested home delivery, the web portal said it wasn’t available. 🤷🏽‍♂️
That is, whenever I get a VIN and delivery date...pfft

I have a question do you see your referral code once you have a vin number or something?
Guys, correct me if I'm wrong but, I believe you see it on your Tesla phone app Loot Box, once you're connected to your car. I don't have mine yet, so I can't verify. I would imagine you'd be able to see it on your Tesla account as well, but again, probably after you have your car.

Reactions: TBrownTX