Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Haha, literally blows my mind. Makes no sense what so ever. It's like it's rng. I heard location mattered but what reasoning is someone placing the same order. In the same location, getting a car first ordering 3 weeks after me.

Yeah, weird. I ordered 06/11, got my VIN on 06/13, had a 06/14-06/20 delivery range, and now I'm scheduled for delivery this Sunday (and I could've actually done it on Friday, so one week, order to delivery).

North Florida area, it's a M3P, MSM, white interior, not like there's a ton of variations in these cars.

Kinda similar……have my VIN, have my date, next Friday….asking for final payment…. Go to add bank to pay deposit…so I can get a final $$ so my lender can issue final amount……it opens my bank, tells me to pick acct, which I do, thinks a second, and says error, try later…..been doing this for 3 days,…2-emails out, 2- text out, 3 phone messages….telling them, look!, I want to pay for car!….and I get crickets…..love the cars, my 2nd, love the service, love the brand…..but damn!…Elon!…..this needs some basic management skills added?……when someone is trying to give you over 60k……friggin reply!…😳

Reactions: Wood1030
Some food for thought - so apparently that "virtual team" from Tesla was accurate about my car being built and shipped. Although I didn't get my VIN until the car reached the dealership, they were spot on regarding arrival date. YMMV but if they call you, extract all the info you can out of them.
How do you get in contact with this “virtual team” that Tesla has?

Yeah, weird. I ordered 06/11, got my VIN on 06/13, had a 06/14-06/20 delivery range, and now I'm scheduled for delivery this Sunday (and I could've actually done it on Friday, so one week, order to delivery).

North Florida area, it's a M3P, MSM, white interior, not like there's a ton of variations in these cars.
Ya been lurking here for the last couple months. Crazy how these orders are being handled. Seems if you order In a similar time frame it's all random on who gets their car first. The system is like. If you live around X we will randomly select someone who has their steps ready, and picked a model we shipped.

Home delivery day in Denver!
Sliiiiight frunk panel alignment needed but on the fence if necessary. Never drove a P before this one (sold my 2018 M3 rwd)…just wow.
D5FA9D80-D1F8-4662-9A84-2FFD387524AE.jpeg

Kinda similar……have my VIN, have my date, next Friday….asking for final payment…. Go to add bank to pay deposit…so I can get a final $$ so my lender can issue final amount……it opens my bank, tells me to pick acct, which I do, thinks a second, and says error, try later…..been doing this for 3 days,…2-emails out, 2- text out, 3 phone messages….telling them, look!, I want to pay for car!….and I get crickets…..love the cars, my 2nd, love the service, love the brand…..but damn!…Elon!…..this needs some basic management skills added?……when someone is trying to give you over 60k……friggin reply!…😳
I’ve heard some say that if you open the first plaid screen and then exit out it takes you to a page where you can just enter your routing and account number, YMMV, may need to tweak the instructions, I haven’t tried this myself lol 😂

Reactions: CarolinaBMXers
I’ve heard some say that if you open the first plaid screen and then exit out it takes you to a page where you can just enter your routing and account number, YMMV, may need to tweak the instructions, I haven’t tried this myself lol 😂
Mine did that as well. I paid the full balance via Plaid and when i tried to connect the first several times as a test, it errored. When I put in enough cash, no error and it took the balance from the account. So if you dont have sufficient funds in the account, you will get the error after you select an account. Obviously be careful if you have enough funds and dont intend for Tesla to take it.

Mine did that as well. I paid the full balance via Plaid and when i tried to connect the first several times as a test, it errored. When I put in enough cash, no error and it took the balance from the account. So if you dont have sufficient funds in the account, you will get the error after you select an account. Obviously be careful if you have enough funds and dont intend for Tesla to take it.
Yeah, although Tesla says you can pay with multiple accounts, each account is required to have the full down payment available or it'll give an generic error message. Pretty dumb response for what seems to be a common situation.