Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all,
I ordered a M3LR on May 29th and I am now considering switching to a M3P. any thoughts on wether that would delay my order and how quickly people with M3P orders are getting their cars? I suspect it's faster than the M3LR but just wanted to see if you guys could help. Thanks!

Reactions: hcdavis3
Hello all,
I ordered a M3LR on May 29th and I am now considering switching to a M3P. any thoughts on wether that would delay my order and how quickly people with M3P orders are getting their cars? I suspect it's faster than the M3LR but just wanted to see if you guys could help. Thanks!
I thank the change would delay your order. Why not add acceleration boost. It’s almost as fast as the performance for alot less cost. That’s what I’m doing.

Reactions: scenicroadways
Hello all,
M3P Order date 06/08/21
Delivery 06/25/21

End of quarter so could be different.

Reactions: hcdavis3
Well tomorrow is the day, looks like it’ll be raining during my pickup and not sure it’s a covered lot at all. Guess I just do the best I can in the rain and check better at home in garage?
See if they can put the car inside maybe? I went through exactly what you are doing just 3 days ago. I initially declined the car, then revisited it and met with the tech and considered my options. I decided to take the car.

Reactions: nyudoc04
View attachment 675171Same here. I think we are due for July now at the earliest. It’s bull. I just hope my trade-in value maintains or appreciates. First week of May order, and repeat customer.

Congrats to all who took deliveries this quarter.

Kept getting pushed back on the 2021 M3P, order, end of July again. Craziness. Didn’t want to potentially lose on my trade-in value on my existing 2020 M3P which was already extended, and waiting for nothing.

Found an MYP late last week online and worked quickly with an amazing SA from a different Tesla showroom to lock it in. Picked up today, essentially perfect. Back to black (owned black cars all my life before I decided to swap to white for the 2020 M3P). Never thought I’d be an SUV guy but here I am. And it’s amazing. So much room for activities.

Pics of the 1) Old in the background that I said goodbye to and the new in the foreground that I welcome with open arms. 2) Closeup of the new hotness. Probably the cleanest it’ll look ever, haha.

Again congrats on all on recent deliveries. Hope my 21 3P order goes to someone sooner than later. Cheers.

Attachments

• A9250D05-EA73-4A51-8389-8E1B8BA5660D.jpeg
    A9250D05-EA73-4A51-8389-8E1B8BA5660D.jpeg
    569.2 KB · Views: 107
  • 0BF3072A-9E97-4F1D-932B-57758E339A5B.jpeg
    0BF3072A-9E97-4F1D-932B-57758E339A5B.jpeg
    733.4 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
Reactions: nyudoc04
Happy to have gotten mine (white exterior, black interior) today -- ordered 6/7, got it 6/28, which seems pretty good for Tesla. I'm in the East Bay in CA.

The EDD went all over the place, but I got a VIN just a few days ago, and they scheduled home delivery for it for 6/30, until I got a call today telling me it was already done and on its way for delivery. I did not pick home delivery (was not offered), so it was a nice surprise and it was left for me in my building's parking garage.

The panel alignment is pretty good (the frunk is leaning a bit, and there's a few mm off in a couple places, but can't complain), however the steering wheel is clicking when turning, and the right-hand tail lights clearly had too much heat and their adhesive or sealant is melted on their edges, which is pretty strange. Filed a ticket and got an appointment for next week.

Otherwise a great car and, ignoring the EDD, a pretty good ordering experience. Just waiting for FSD subscription now. :)

Correct. There is no way to contact anyone at Tesla other than by using the app (which requires a car) or asking for "sales". All the other phone numbers & voicemail/email boxes were abandoned years ago.
If it helps, there's nothing anyone could tell you anyway. Tesla produces in batches that approximate the demand and then assign VINs according to shipping logistics, etc. so there's no reliable way to estimate any one particular delivery.
In L.A. you'll either get your car on 6/29 or 9/29. Those are really the only days they deliver to SoCal. Once you have it you can contact them thru the app and they're quite responsive and helpful.
Ordered my M3s+ on 5/9… I’m in L.A. … so if i don’t get my car tomorrow, I’m waiting another 3 months?

How did I get mine before yours? My first Tesla so I had no clue how long it would take. Possibly something to do with CA laws?
As aggravating as it is for me, from my understanding, California is typically left "last". However, it appears as if I won't even be getting my car by the end of the quarter (30th of June) or for my Birthday (today, June 29th) as I was previously verbally 'promised' multiple times 😂

It's now increasingly looking like somewhere in August with even a possibility of September. So yes, as much as I'm trying to just laugh it off, I'm also quite pissed. Just my luck, eh? 💀

I hope you enjoy yours in good health though!