Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered my Red M3P on June 18, it originally said 1-12 weeks but I got a text a week later saying they might have one coming early. Next thing you know I get my vin and I pick it up tomorrow! I'm hyped af but I'm also terrified because of all the quality issues people seem to have (paint, bad gaps, etc).

Ordered my Red M3P on June 18, it originally said 1-12 weeks but I got a text a week later saying they might have one coming early. Next thing you know I get my vin and I pick it up tomorrow! I'm hyped af but I'm also terrified because of all the quality issues people seem to have (paint, bad gaps, etc). I'm hoping I don't find any major flaws so I don't need to take it to the service center.

Got my first software update today… 2021.4.18.10 — restores ELDA and Smart Summon, haven’t tested increased auto-steer speed yet, but will do tomorrow.
568D4A2E-EEEE-4CBE-B244-FF17167B5675.jpeg

Mine was delivered to my home yesterday. I wasn't there when it was dropped off. I didn't sign anything or see anyone

It is covered in bird droppings and tree sap / pitch. There are some small defects that need to be addressed, but nothing major.

Honestly, had I been home, I would have refused delivery of the car in that condition. I'm sure it will clean up well -- at my expense.

But, at this point I am completely done dealing with this company. This is my 3rd try, and the 2nd in 4 months. This has just been a terrible experience and I don't want the car anymore. I asked Tesla about returning the car given the fact that I was not home to refuse it. They basically told me to pound sand.

If anyone has any advice as to where the best place is to sell a brand new 2021 P3D MSM/Black I am all ears.

Glad to hear there are many others with better outcomes! Congrats to all on your new cars.

Mine was delivered to my home yesterday. I wasn't there when it was dropped off. I didn't sign anything or see anyone

It is covered in bird droppings and tree sap / pitch. There are some small defects that need to be addressed, but nothing major.

Honestly, had I been home, I would have refused delivery of the car in that condition. I'm sure it will clean up well -- at my expense.

But, at this point I am completely done dealing with this company. This is my 3rd try, and the 2nd in 4 months. This has just been a terrible experience and I don't want the car anymore. I asked Tesla about returning the car given the fact that I was not home to refuse it. They basically told me to pound sand.

If anyone has any advice as to where the best place is to sell a brand new 2021 P3D MSM/Black I am all ears.

Glad to hear there are many others with better outcomes! Congrats to all on your new cars.

You are rejecting a car over a wash?

Tim

We probably need more context here. Were you not home to receive it during the scheduled time slot? Or did they just randomly show up at your house unannounced and you had no way of knowing they'd be there?

Regarding the bird droppings and tree sap... if you weren't there to see the car how were you able to see how much grime was on the vehicle? While I agree it's not professional to deliver a dirty car to a customer, it does seem like an odd nit item to get too upset about.

Reactions: TBrownTX

You have 24 hours after home delivery to report anything to Tesla to fix. This mostly applies to wear/tear items (rock chips, sap, bird poop) that after a couple days you could have been the cause of. After the 24 hours you can still obviously report anything else that needs fixing (rattles, gaps, etc)

Ha! Not really. The car is fine. This is just the final straw for me. I am just done dealing with this company. The lack of professionalism and respect is egregious. I have decided that I don't want to own this car as I do not want to ever have to deal with them again. It's a personal decision that is based on my interactions with the company. Luckily it seems that my experience is not the norm. I am glad that most of you are having better ones!

Ha! Not really. The car is fine. This is just the final straw for me. I am just done dealing with this company. The lack of professionalism and respect is egregious. I have decided that I don't want to own this car as I do not want to ever have to deal with them again. It's a personal decision that is based on my interactions with the company. Luckily it seems that my experience is not the norm. I am glad that most of you are having better ones!

I’m sure someone else will appreciate getting moved up to take delivery of your car, and hopefully you enjoy dealing with a car dealer on your next purchase.

Tim

Well, if you keep it, the good news is it would be unlikely you have to deal with them for a while since the car needs so little maintenance and you can easily rotate tires elsewhere. I know quite a few owners and few have needed any service. We did have to bring my wife’s Y in for a coolant leak, but the service center was fine. If you sell it, you will probably lose several thousand, not the mention all the registration fees you’ve already paid, and any tax you may have paid. It‘s a hit, just depends on how much that amount of money is to you. Would be easy to sell though.

Reactions: TBrownTX
Well, if you keep it, the good news is it would be unlikely you have to deal with them for a while since the car needs so little maintenance and you can easily rotate tires elsewhere. I know quite a few owners and few have needed any service. We did have to bring my wife’s Y in for a coolant leak, but the service center was fine. If you sell it, you will probably lose several thousand, not the mention all the registration fees you’ve already paid, and any tax you may have paid. It‘s a hit, just depends on how much that amount of money is to you. Would be easy to sell though.

Or he could watch the car. 😂

Tim

Did you drive it? I was not a fan of the whole buying experience but after driving for a couple weeks I'm in love with the car. I get it's more of a personal decision base on principles but I would highly recommend driving for a couple weeks or even the summer. You can always sell it in a month or two if the driving experience doesn't make up for the crappy engagement. You shouldn't have to deal with Tesla much after delivery.

I almost canceled my order in the 11th hour while waiting for a VIN and the lack of communication but I'm glad I stuck it out.