Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got a good offer from Vroom to sell my 2020 LR Model 3 with AB, but after seeing horrible experiences I got scared and didn’t sign the Power of Attorney Transfer of Ownership document, going to try my luck with Carvana. You guys think I made the right move avoiding VROOM? Any suggestions that are not private party that might give good money?
I had a good experience with carmax trading in my 2020 Lexus IS 300 Fsport. They had the highest offer among vroom and carvana. Pick up my M3P tomorrow 😊

One thing I kinda regret on selling my ‘21 LR with AB is the $2k spent on it because I didn’t get any additional consideration for it. A regular LR would have sold for the same price. Loved the AB and was definitely worth it, but had I know I would be selling so soon, probably would not have done it.

Reactions: HarpoonS
I got a good offer from Vroom to sell my 2020 LR Model 3 with AB, but after seeing horrible experiences I got scared and didn’t sign the Power of Attorney Transfer of Ownership document, going to try my luck with Carvana. You guys think I made the right move avoiding VROOM? Any suggestions that are not private party that might give good money?
Carmax was super easy for me. 48 k LR with 31k miles. Fsd and ab

Reactions: HarpoonS
Ok - so I called customer service. I assume many of you have spoken with Shane. Shane is great btw, for all the lack of communication from the Denver sales team, Shane has made up for that.

I asked him about setting a Tentative delivery date and he said that its best to wait for the text as that will give you a 99% more accurate time frame of when the car is nearing the end of its Transit at your delivery center.

He said my vehicle is listed in transit currently, but it has not left california at this time.

So more than likely i will take delivery by 11/17-11/21 based on how its going. Even though my EDD says 11/13 - 11/17

info:
Ordered 10/25
VIN Received
Current EDD 11/13 - 11/17
No Delivery Date text received yet
White on Black M3P
Denver CO
Quick Update to my timeline:

Ordered 10/25
VIN Received
Old EDD 11/13 - 11/17
New EDD (as of this morning) 11/17-11/23
White on Black M3P
Denver CO

You can call them proactively to set a delivery appointment. I called and they set me up with a "tentative" date even though the car hasn't arrived in the delivery center yet.

Ok - so I called customer service. I assume many of you have spoken with Shane. Shane is great btw, for all the lack of communication from the Denver sales team, Shane has made up for that.

I asked him about setting a Tentative delivery date and he said that its best to wait for the text as that will give you a 99% more accurate time frame of when the car is nearing the end of its Transit at your delivery center.

He said my vehicle is listed in transit currently, but it has not left california at this time.

So more than likely i will take delivery by 11/17-11/21 based on how its going. Even though my EDD says 11/13 - 11/17

info:
Ordered 10/25
VIN Received
Current EDD 11/13 - 11/17
White on Black M3P
Denver CO

Update to my timeline:

Ordered 10/25
VIN Received
Old EDD (as of 11/11) 11/13 - 11/17
New EDD (as of 11/12) 11/17 - 11/23
White on Black M3P
Denver CO (Littleton CO, On Site Pickup)

Long time stalker...first time poster.
Just put my order in for a Black on Black M3P last night 11/11/21.
EDD 11/28-12/26
Next up is to order a charger for the garage to get that end of year credit since Kentucky does not give us any other credits.
Apologize if this has been discussed but what credit for a charger are you referring to? I am currently debating holding off on getting a dryer outlet and/or Tesla charger set up but would love to know if any possible savings.

Quick update. I got a text yesterday asking me about my current car, and that a trade in appraisal has not been completed yet. I was originally going to sell my 2021 M3LR on my own, since a month or two ago they valued my car at $41300, which was laughably low...

I just got a text today that my account was open to submit trade in information, so I logged on and had to upload a few pictures and submitted my trade in request. I am fully expecting a lowball offer that Tesla is known for, but I will let you all know what they say. My current car is a M3LR MSM/Black, Autopilot, Accel boost. I was offered 53k a couple weeks ago from a local dealer, but hoping Carmax will give a little more. I will shop for some offers once my new M3P gets delivered hopefully in the next couple weeks.

Reactions: BruinIvy
Since estimated delivery for new vehicles ordered today is still December I’m guessing all of us waiting in LA, California that have already ordered will be seeing deliveries in first 10 days of December. Last year when I purchased my LR M3 on 6/28 (the end of Q2) I took delivery on 9/5 which is around the beginning of the last month of the quarter. Hopefully this trend follows and we could see EDD pushed earlier since they’ll need to squeeze in new orders for the last few weeks of the month. Also wondering why the insurance section is missing, I got excited but it’s probably just a glitch.