Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Placed an order 10/18 (Texas), M3P in Blue without FSD. Estimated delivery date... January 13-Feburary 10

someone tell me this is an over-estimate lol far from "November"

Order - 10/8, Blue, Black interior, no FSD, Texas
1st EDD - January 13-Feburary 10
2nd EDD - December 9-December 22
3rd EDD - November 3-November 26
4th EDD - November 11-November 23
VIN Received - November 2
5th EDD - November 12-November 18
Text for Scheduling Delivery - November 9
Delivery Scheduled - November 19 pick up at the center

It's been a ride, tomorrow morning can't come soon enough!

Reactions: jose3030
What was your original EDD if you don’t mind me asking since you ordered 5 or 6 days before me? Seems like there’s hope for a November delivery after all!
It was November 22nd. Originally it was 20th, they pushed to 22nd and now hitting the original first day of delivery window. When I first ordered it was November 20th to December 17th.

Logged in today.
Told me I needed to accept Tesla Vision.

Soon thereafter, I now have Nov 24-28th delivery EDD timeframe.
And a VIN.
2022 M3P :)

Black/Black
Picking up at Tysons Corner, VA

Nov 24-28 stayed consistent the entire time, wow.
Nov 24 delivery for me.

They said they'd reach out to me if they had an earlier date.
Looks like car is arriving at site Nov 22 or Nov 23 and they take a day or two to prep.
NF108 for those that wanted to know.

Very interesting, the order page on website now asks you to get the Tesla App. On the app it now says “we’ll notify you when it’s time to continue with your pre-delivery tasks” where a view button shows up and you can see different tabs, such as the delivery timing where it says “we’re building your car,” Insurance, Review Agreements, Final Payment, and Schedule delivery. Cool stuff maybe that’s why the website was going all over the place earlier!

Very interesting, the order page on website now asks you to get the Tesla App. On the app it now says “we’ll notify you when it’s time to continue with your pre-delivery tasks” where a view button shows up and you can see different tabs, such as the delivery timing where it says “we’re building your car,” Insurance, Review Agreements, Final Payment, and Schedule delivery. Cool stuff maybe that’s why the website was going all over the place earlier!
Same here. Just flipped in the last day.

Recently took M3P delivery and thought that I share some initial thoughts. My reference point is the ‘21 M3LR with AB we just sold.

The Bad -
Agree with many observations of @MrFusion stated above. The panel gap and figment are not great.
Hood alignment and inner door trims are poorly fitted. Have service appointment and will see how it goes.

Charging rate seems to be slightly lower than M3LR. Where as I would routinely get 32-35 miles per hour charge previously, it’s now down to 29 miles per hour. Not a big deal but worth noting.

The good
- Paint finish seems to be improved.
- Pick up when driving normally without pressing hard is just quicker/spirited. It’s a performance model obviously.
- The accelerator, regen and braking all seem much smoother than the M3LR whether it’s in hold or creep mode. Much easier to operate to obtain a smooth/comfortable driving/riding experience.
- I did not expect the ride quality to be improved over the LR but it did, not withstanding the 20” wheels. Ride is smooth, comfortable and assured. I was concerned that my wife would complain about the ride quality but we were both very pleasantly surprised how much M3P actually improved over the LR.
- 1” lower suspension provides a more stable ride than the LR.

Over all other than the fitment and panel gap/alignment issues, the M3P has been simply a delight. We don’t regret the upgrade one bit.

Reactions: jose3030
Per requested - Tint and Ceramic complete. Now just need my All Season tires to arrive before it gets too cold. The car is a head turner!

Attachments

• A21D895E-0F15-4D85-A7CB-EB557A026B89.jpeg
    A21D895E-0F15-4D85-A7CB-EB557A026B89.jpeg
    453.4 KB · Views: 97
  • 7B7B2E9A-099F-4BBA-A93F-AB0F186422AE.jpeg
    7B7B2E9A-099F-4BBA-A93F-AB0F186422AE.jpeg
    597.7 KB · Views: 87
  • 35CF7CB9-FAD5-41A3-840E-5287CAAE7F6B.jpeg
    35CF7CB9-FAD5-41A3-840E-5287CAAE7F6B.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 95
Reactions: BruinIvy
Recently took M3P delivery and thought that I share some initial thoughts. My reference point is the ‘21 M3LR with AB we just sold.

The Bad -
Agree with many observations of @MrFusion stated above. The panel gap and figment are not great.
Hood alignment and inner door trims are poorly fitted. Have service appointment and will see how it goes.

Charging rate seems to be slightly lower than M3LR. Where as I would routinely get 32-35 miles per hour charge previously, it’s now down to 29 miles per hour. Not a big deal but worth noting.

The good
- Paint finish seems to be improved.
- Pick up when driving normally without pressing hard is just quicker/spirited. It’s a performance model obviously.
- The accelerator, regen and braking all seem much smoother than the M3LR whether it’s in hold or creep mode. Much easier to operate to obtain a smooth/comfortable driving/riding experience.
- I did not expect the ride quality to be improved over the LR but it did, not withstanding the 20” wheels. Ride is smooth, comfortable and assured. I was concerned that my wife would complain about the ride quality but we were both very pleasantly surprised how much M3P actually improved over the LR.
- 1” lower suspension provides a more stable ride than the LR.

Over all other than the fitment and panel gap/alignment issues, the M3P has been simply a delight. We don’t regret the upgrade one bit.
We have '21 MYLR with the 20" inductions. The '21 M3P I took delivery of last week has a better ride than our MYLR in my opinion. The M3P just seems to absorb everything a lot better than our MYLR. I was expecting a harsher ride with the M3P, but pleasantly surprised. It's a great car all around.

Considering a P uses more Wh/mi than an LR, it makes sense. You're probably charging at the same rate in kW.

Miles per hour is a terrible measure of charging speed, but it's more relatable to the public in general, distance/time is something you can visualize. Not as easy to visualize a kW or kWh.

When I try to describe what a kWh is to people, I will tell them to picture ten old-school 100W incandescent light bulbs turned on for an hour. Not great but the best way I thought of to relate it. Today's children have probably never seen a "real" 100W incandescent bulb.

Nevermind that watts isn't really an accurate way to gauge light output, nor sound output for that matter. That's what lumens and decibels are for.

Anyone seeing a way to get the new federal tax credit for a M3P if it passes as is? Right now it looks like the 3P won’t be eligible due to the MSRP being too high currently… new Federal credit appears capped at 55K.

Thoughts?
If you want near-P performance, the option to buy an LR ($50990 plus any options should keep it under $55K unless you get red, 19" Sport wheels and white interior) and get the $2K acceleration boost after the sale would sort-of get you a "P3D--" (the extra minus is because it won't quite have P acceleration, but will come close.)

My previous Tesla was a P85D with ludicrous, so for me the P was the only way to go. Way cheaper than a new Model S ($69420 would have been doable, but $95K - really over $100K with taxes and such - is out of the question, and I'd have no money leftover for a divorce attorney.)