Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Long time lurker first time poster.

Just ordered 11/19. On the website before submitting the deposit it had showed Estimated Delivery: December.

After submitting all my info, etc. The EDD shows

Estimated Delivery: February 18 - March 18​

Anyone know if these usually creep up? I'm in Ontario Canada.

Thanks!
Might be a Canada thing. I’ve seen people post they’ve ordered and got a vin within two days. Then a post like yours saying 4 months out. To be fair I haven’t seen one as far out as yours, not on a Performance model. I ordered 10/7. I’ve had four EDDs so far. It was moved out then back in and out twice more. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Might be a Canada thing. I’ve seen people post they’ve ordered and got a vin within two days. Then a post like yours saying 4 months out. To be fair I haven’t seen one as far out as yours, not on a Performance model. I ordered 10/7. I’ve had four EDDs so far. It was moved out then back in and out twice more. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Gosh darnit.. (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Let's hope it creeps up a lot. If it's going to be March (or possibly later?) I may have to hold off.. I do also have an RN for a Model S LR Red/White which is tentative for April/May...If I get an EDD closer to delivery of the M3P then it'll be a tough decision.

Hoping it comes in December! Having to find winter wheels/tires in February isn't always easy (lots of places sold out for the season) and don't want to be driving the 20" Pirellis in a foot of snow.

Agreed, probably a Canada thing.

Gosh darnit.. (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Let's hope it creeps up a lot. If it's going to be March (or possibly later?) I may have to hold off.. I do also have an RN for a Model S LR Red/White which is tentative for April/May...If I get an EDD closer to delivery of the M3P then it'll be a tough decision.

Hoping it comes in December! Having to find winter wheels/tires in February isn't always easy (lots of places sold out for the season) and don't want to be driving the 20" Pirellis in a foot of snow.
I wouldn’t worry about it much. I ordered 11/8 and it initially said Jan 31-Feb 28. A few days later I went to a Tesla store to change my interior to white and when I told the guy my EDD he told me no way it takes that long. He went in and looked on his system and it said first week of December. 2 days later it updated in the app to 11/23-12-21

I wouldn’t worry about it much. I ordered 11/8 and it initially said Jan 31-Feb 28. A few days later I went to a Tesla store to change my interior to white and when I told the guy my EDD he told me no way it takes that long. He went in and looked on his system and it said first week of December. 2 days later it updated in the app to 11/23-12-21

Thanks for this! Gives me hope. I'll wait a few more days. It is the weekend after all so maybe once they process everything it'll update. Hoping for a nice red/white M3P xmas gift this year! :)

2022 Tesla Model 3 Performance
Solid Black over All Black

Ordered 11/15
Estimate was Jan 10 - Feb 7, now updated to Dec 4 - Dec 17

Always been a German sports car/performance SUV guy, bit nervous about the range anxiety but ready to take the leap, been doing tons of research and will continue to do so, all ears if anyone has suggestions on things to review/read/lookout for

Reactions: jose3030
Been in the performance room less than 24 hours and already having way more fun playing the refresh game...

Original LR Order: Blue/Black/18/No FSD
OD: 10/16
1st EDD: 11/19 - 12/17
11/20 EDD: 11/25 - 12/23
11/21 - Switch order to Blue/Black Performance
11/22 EDD: 11/24 - 12/5

Reactions: 0chill
Woke up this morning to a Tesla app update on my phone and a new VIN, also an "NF" 2022.
Interesting to see the difference in serial numbers in just 8 days, on 11/10 I got an "NF105xxx" VIN, today (11/18) it is "NF112xxx" so it seems like they're cranking out about 7000 Model 3s in 8 days.
Got a text today to schedule delivery. Immediately picked December 4th, so I wouldn't have to take a day off of work for a 3-hour trip each way. Instead of an EDD, the app now shows my delivery appointment date and time.

Been in the performance room less than 24 hours and already having way more fun playing the refresh game...

Original LR Order: Blue/Black/18/No FSD
OD: 10/16
1st EDD: 11/19 - 12/17
11/20 EDD: 11/25 - 12/23
11/21 - Switch order to Blue/Black Performance
11/22 EDD: 11/24 - 12/5
That's interesting that you got an EDD of 3 days after essentially placing a new order... 🧐