Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been on cloud nine for the past 24 hours. I picked up my MYP yesterday and am simply blown away with it. The delivery experience was great, I showed up on time and they promptly brought the paperwork inside (it was around 10 degrees outside), I signed 3 things, and we went to the car to look it over. I moved quickly due to the cold but I was still paying close attention and the only thing I noticed is the hood gap on the left is ever so slightly narrower than on the right side. Of course, they said it was within spec and I did not argue the point as it is so freaking minute. They we kind enough to have warmed the car up so that it wasn't freezing when I got inside of it. The advisor walked me through the phone key setup, setting up my driver profile, etc. The first thing I noticed when I got in was that it had the most recent software already installed (v11). This excited me because I was not looking forward to learning the previous version just to have it be updated in a month or so. Personally, I like the new UI but do not have any basis for comparison as many others do. All in all, great experience. All told, it was exactly 5 weeks from order to delivery.
I forgot to mention. When I arrived to pick it up the SA's in the office said I was one of the "lucky" ones as the trucks bringing other cars over from the West side had been halted due to the weather. They were also playfully fighting over who was going to have to make the unfortunate phone calls to customers who were expecting to take delivery in the next few days.

I honestly have no idea short of it being faster. Like every year when a new iPhone is released, so to is the chip that powers it. I would love to have gotten the AMD chip but I am not disappointed that I did not get it.
It starts as being "just faster" but there will be features that are exclusive to MCU3 down the line - just like what happened with MCU1. Although hopefully Tesla will do a better job at keeping feature parity between the two since there are significantly more cars on MCU2 than there ever were on MCU1.

It starts as being "just faster" but there will be features that are exclusive to MCU3 down the line - just like what happened with MCU1. Although hopefully Tesla will do a better job at keeping feature parity between the two since there are significantly more cars on MCU2 than there ever were on MCU1.
Yeah at that point I’ll probably upgrade. The last upgrade was $2500 last time I believe

I have delivery scheduled for tomorrow. I'll check out the MCU when I get the car. If mine does not have it I will have a talk with the SA. I showed my SA the spec sheet for the upgrades on the 2022 model and they said they will be included. If they are not, I may refuse the car or see if they will provide the upgrades to my car free of charge.

Reactions: DVM3P
Yeah still showing tomorrow. But getting vague replies from SA so its a literal crapshoot. No VIN so no MVPA which means my CU wont release funds or give me a check.
Where's your delivery location? I reached out to my delivery spot and they seemed pretty confident I'd get it, but no guarantee. He said they'll be taking deliveries up through midnight on the 31st. He said it might turn out that my car gets built and sent out that day, so I shouldn't stress even if I don't see a VIN tomorrow.