Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got the text it's getting built . Can pick 30 or 31st . Is it possible to push it to Jan 1 or 2 . Or would that go to next person and I may have to wait longer ?
You will have to put a hold on your order if you don’t want it by the 31. I just went through this. I have delivery scheduled for the 30th and wanted to push to the 1st (closed) so asked for the 2nd. They told me no. If I couldn’t take delivery by the 31 I would be unmatched from the car and would have to wait for another car that matches my build specs. Timeline on a new car was unknown. SA said it could be January or it could be the end of the first quarter as Tesla does weird things during the first quarter

So I just got a text saying they expect my car to be built in the next 2-3 days and it prompted me to set up a delivery appointment. The only odd thing was the delivery location in the text message wasn't where I chose, but it showed the correct location on the actual website that the link sent me. I hadn't seen anyone here get a delivery appointment before a vin, is that common?
Got the same text. Scheduled a home delivery on the 31st. I guess they'll deliver to my home address after all--they didn't six weeks ago when I ordered. Still no VIN, but I bet that will come tomorrow.

As others have mentioned, I'm sure all this late-game scramble has to do with them trying to deliver before end of year. When I got my MY a year ago, scheduling delivery was basically the last step, after my VIN was assigned.

I got the text it's getting built . Can pick 30 or 31st . Is it possible to push it to Jan 1 or 2 . Or would that go to next person and I may have to wait longer ?
I tried to push mine from the 23rd to today and they gave it to someone else. Now they're saying I might still get it before the end of the year, but in my account, it's showing Jan-Feb delivery now, so we'll see..

Tesla canceled my Early 2020 order for a M3P after I completed delivery tasks and had been given an estimated delivery window of Jan 1-29. Seems like they are just canceling to make me pay the extra money. Is there anything I can legally do with an early 2020 Order Agreement?

Tesla canceled my Early 2020 order for a M3P after I completed delivery tasks and had been given an estimated delivery window of Jan 1-29. Seems like they are just canceling to make me pay the extra money. Is there anything I can legally do with an early 2020 Order Agreement?
They make mistakes, especially during the end of quarter chaos. Sometimes they fix them. If you have your reservation number and you didn't cancel it you should complain to them.

I read not that long ago about Tesla saying they were going to cancel orders on people who had been postponing delivery for a while if they can't take delivery shortly. Some customers apparently have been hoping to stretch out their lower quoted purchase price into next year for possible new rebates on top of ordering at a better price point. I know when I ordered my car back in 2018 they were only giving people the option to maybe postpone once (some people had to travel out of country on business, had pre-planned a vacation when their car came up for delivery, etc), otherwise your car was assigned to someone else and you ended up back at the end of the line. I don’t recall as prices fluctuated upwards if they honored the older lower price. Then prices as manufacturing volume picked up and prices went lower people were hoping Tesla would then sell the car to them at the new lower price despite ordering at a higher price. So reverse situation. And initial deposits were increased and came into play as well as change orders. With supply chain issues a thing these days, people are lucky to get a car when so many are looking and supply is lower and demand is higher.

OP what exactly is your situation?

Reactions: d3lerium

Something is missing here. How can you hold on to your 2020 price for so long for almost 2 years while there have been multiple price increases during that time

If you fully paid your car then you have a legal basis.

If you only paid a reservation fee then Tesla has the legal basis to revoke the reservation.

No, there isnt, unless its a mistake by tesla. I doubt its a mistake, because "the buried leade" is... "why, exactly, is this order still open for almost 2 years on a vehicle that has, at best, a 1 month lead time?" Tesla is not obligated to keep any order open that long, and has been notifying people that they would need to take delivery this year or risk orders being cancelled.

There isnt any reason why this order, from 2020, would have a delivery window of "Jan 1 - 29" unless you were trying to delay it "just in case" for the tax credit (that didnt happen).

They have been warning others they would need to take delivery, either they forgot to warn you, or you ignored the warning. If the former (they forgot, and never scheduled delivery for you this year) then maybe you have a chance. Otherwise, no, there is no chance.

So, to expand on the story a bit. I ordered in January of 2020, fully intending to take delivery in the intended time frame (3-4 months). As everyone knows March of 2020 changed everything, and Tesla reached out mid March to say they had a car ready fro me. I asked to delay, because of the uncertainty and was granted that (mainly because of covid). After that I heard back from Tesla in early 2021, and at that point let Tesla know I plan on making a purchase in the second half of 2021. They then put my order on hold till Jan 1, 2022. I began the process to take delivery in October 2021 but had to track down a copy of the title to my car since I was trading it in (long story...). Early December I completed all pre-delivery tasks (minus paying) and was first given a delivery estimate of Dec 19-31. I received an email saying that my order would be canceled unless I updated pricing on December 19, and at the same time my estimate slipped to Jan 1-29. I called Tesla multiple times in this time period and received contradicting advice, with two people saying that I'm in the queue to receive a VIN, so I decided to just wait...and then on the 22nd my order was automatically canceled with no notification or record of being canceled.

The thing that frustrates me is the car cost the same from Jan 2020 to Oct 2021, and only recently went up the extra 2k.

Forgot to post pics from last week
IMG_8425.jpg
image0 (2).jpeg

I am on the prowl for All-Seasons, I ran them on my old Evo but this is unique because of the sizing and lack of options

Reactions: aljlin
Forgot to post pics from last week View attachment 749245View attachment 749246

I am on the prowl for All-Seasons, I ran them on my old Evo but this is unique because of the sizing and lack of options
How do you like it compared to your Evo? I have an Evo 9 I've had for 10 years, getting my model 3 tomorrow but am super hesitant to get rid of my Evo, the thing is a part of me at this point.