Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
first update received

M3P Blue White to NY
OD 01/28
EDD 3/11-3/31
EDD 2/18-3/18

A few decisions to make. (1) temperature and the summer tires if early delivery date; (2) Finance offer for lease running out if I put on a hold; (3) No longer can sell my present lease it appears so, I would have to buy the car out and then sell it to CarMax. That would be putting up 35.5K to get back 40K if I did it now. Whenever the car arrives the figures would be different, but still quite a chunk of change to put up. Decisions, decisions, decisions.

first update received

M3P Blue White to NY
OD 01/28
EDD 3/11-3/31
EDD 2/18-3/18

A few decisions to make. (1) temperature and the summer tires if early delivery date; (2) Finance offer for lease running out if I put on a hold; (3) No longer can sell my present lease it appears so, I would have to buy the car out and then sell it to CarMax. That would be putting up 35.5K to get back 40K if I did it now. Whenever the car arrives the figures would be different, but still quite a chunk of change to put up. Decisions, decisions, decisions.
Where in NY are you picking up? I havent had any updates on mine. Thats quick for your order.
My order:
M3p black/black, 20inch wheels, no fsd
Od 1/15/22
Oedd: 3/17-3/31
Current edd: 2/25-3/25
Tesla-smithtown, ny

I might have missed the suspension discussion but did we end up with a verdict?
If not, I was checking Tesla's website (along with my daily checks for info) and saw the Performance and immediately thought it looked off. After some comparison, it was definitely the suspension, the image of the car is not lowered anymore.
However, it looks more like the height of the real cars I've seen so I'm really not 100% sure what happened.

I did really like the look of the lowered car, so I might have to get an aftermarket suspension, I heard the MPP springs were good so I might go for that. Has anyone else lowered their car or considered it?

I really hope they aren't getting rid of the lower suspension. It was one of the big reasons I sprung for the performance.
Yeah that's fair. It may have just been an adjustment. I think the image on the website looked lower than the real car anyway.
The aftermarket MPP springs are like $1k I hear and you can make them suuuper low if you want (they're adjustable) so if you REALLY wanted a lower car and had a tiny bit of spare cash (tiny bit relative to the price of the car lol) then maybe you could try that.

Yeah that's fair. It may have just been an adjustment. I think the image on the website looked lower than the real car anyway.
The aftermarket MPP springs are like $1k I hear and you can make them suuuper low if you want (they're adjustable) so if you REALLY wanted a lower car and had a tiny bit of spare cash (tiny bit relative to the price of the car lol) then maybe you could try that.
I have lowered cars before. Some of the coil kits I am sure are nice but they are like 3k. Changing just springs and not shocks can have mixed results. Was hoping just to have a decent oem setup lower than my old model 3 that looked like a 4x4 to me.

I was originally planning to get a LR and lower it / buy the acceleration boost / swap wheels but decided the performance would just be a better route. Will ask my SA about the springs once I get a VIN.

I have lowered cars before. Some of the coil kits I am sure are nice but they are like 3k. Changing just springs and not shocks can have mixed results. Was hoping just to have a decent oem setup lower than my old model 3 that looked like a 4x4 to me.

I was originally planning to get a LR and lower it / buy the acceleration boost / swap wheels but decided the performance would just be a better route. Will ask my SA about the springs once I get a VIN.
Gotcha, makes sense. I mean you still do get track mode, stiffer suspension, better brakes. I'm hoping it's lowered OEM as well.