Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What would you guys do? Currently have a mid December 20 built M3P missing new headlights, heat wheel, etc. Vroom is offering pretty much what I paid . Would you guys sell to get a few upgrade? I do get fomo on all the new stuff you guys got, i know its not good lol
I have a December 2020 M3P without the new headlights and heated steering wheel as well. It does have the heat pump and dual paned glass up front though. I've placed an order for a 2022 M3P because why not? If there is an opportunity to sell a car for more than what I paid for it and use the money for a new updated version, it's a no brainer. These kinds of things almost never happen and there is nothing wrong with doing it. You're not gaming a system. You're just taking advantage of an unusual opportunity. Since I'm financing the car, I don't even have to worry about selling my current M3P until after I receive the new car. The money I pay every month reduces my principal and I'll get it back once I sell the car. The only thing to worry about though is getting into an accident which would reduce the value of the car.

Wondering why Vroom is only offering what you paid for the car? They offered nearly $5k more than what I paid for it. Driveway offered over $8k more. Do you have a lot of miles on it? My car has about 4.5K miles.

M3P MSM, Black, No FSD

12/26 OD

Picking it up on 2/6

When I received the text about scheduling pick-up, my app gave an estimate EDD of 2/1-2/7 so I was thinking that I was going to pick it up in a few days but once I went into the calendar to actualLy schedule pick-up 2/6 was the soonest available. Plano, Tx pick up.
Likewise. M3P MSM, Black, No FSD
12/26 OD
My EDD was 2/10 - 2/14 but when I logged in to schedule, 2/13 was the earliest date available.

• Informative
Reactions: lUtriaNt
I did the same thing, I was so excited that when they said "next steps" I'm like ok ok let me do everything I can o_O luckily at least through Tesla it seems the quote is good for 60 days not 30 days.

Glad you got your car coming sooner than later, I'm sure you will love it, the performance drives amazing (much better than the LR in my opinion).
Lmao I learned my lesson there. If I ever get another one i'll be sure to hold off. I was biting my nails damn near.

• Funny
Reactions: lUtriaNt
Carmax actually gives great prices. Try them next time
dealt with them before. they cant beat 55K, which is what i am getting for my 2020 performance at 19k miles.

here in LA teslas grow on trees so the demand is not as high as in other areas, and fsd is not seen as much of a added value either, but with driveway, they have a much larger footprint and can place my car in areas that people will pay for a car with fsd.

example, carvana was the lowest of the bunch which is a shock as they usually were tops. i sold my old vehicle to them back in 2020 and they gave me the highest offer by at least 3K over anyone (even carmax) but this time around they have bunch of teslas in their inventory here locally so its understandable of the low offer.

Wow! The forum folks helped reduce your wait by 4+ months! Congrats!
yeah seriously. i am so thankful I posted here and checked on it today. Should be picking the car up this week. Fortunate because I already sold my car in anticipation of taking delivery on a Hyundai Ioniq 5. However, I realized with the markup on that car, the model 3 was a far better choice!