Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had about a month of movement this morning in my EDD, I accepted Tesla's trade-in offer and finished all the steps last night so I wonder if that had something to do with it. Tesla's offer is $32500 for my current car, Vroom offered $34500 but the amount I pay in taxes goes up if I don't trade in with Tesla and that makes it pretty much a wash. Almost wonder if Tesla does that math ahead of time...

Anyway:

OD: 01/22
Original EDD: 03/31 - 04/28
02/04 EDD - 03/01 - 03/31

Reactions: Canine06 and rmenk
Have had my VIN for about 4 days now.

OD 1/7, EDD 2/18-2/22, Raleigh, NC pickup.

I guess I probably won't get a call about scheduling delivery until it's a little closer to the EDD. Crossing fingers lol.
You can call Tesla and ask. Whenever I talked to them and asked about EDD they said they don't have any more info than we do until a VIN is assigned. After that, they said they can give more info. Maybe they know when batches are coming or when the car left factory or whatever.

Had about a month of movement this morning in my EDD, I accepted Tesla's trade-in offer and finished all the steps last night so I wonder if that had something to do with it. Tesla's offer is $32500 for my current car, Vroom offered $34500 but the amount I pay in taxes goes up if I don't trade in with Tesla and that makes it pretty much a wash. Almost wonder if Tesla does that math ahead of time...

Anyway:

I have the same window for EDD. Houston, north service center.

Anyway:

Your trade in totally complete in your account? Mmine is showing pending even thiugh it shows the trade in offer. I reached outto SA and they said that it wont be complete until its closerr to delivery date.

Just took delivery of my M3P in Carlsbad, CA!

VIN 171xxx
Ryzen 🤓
No noticiable panel gaps or issues
5 miles on odometer
Seamless process took less than 10 mins!
Order date was 1/10/22 with original EDD of 1/30-2/27

CE74F82A-05C7-4697-B710-7721A09D0757.jpeg
754A6F04-0464-4B02-874A-363EEB49508D.jpeg
BFF98D80-0379-4366-AB52-95A8457E349E.jpeg

Hi Guys,

I know i've seen some threads about the delays in getting cars on time. I ordered the car 1-2 weeks ago (M3P) and it's already on its way for pickup next week!
I must say the buying experience has been pretty painless and efficient - compared to working with the usual slimy sales at a regular dealership.

Just wanted to get some advice from current owners who have been through the process:
-what to look for during pickup
-is this typical to get the car so fast? (I was expecting at least a month)
-how to report any issues when I get the car (after inspection) and is it pretty straightforward if
there are items to fix/replace

Thanks,
Steve

First post as well, been lurking since I ordered
M3P Blue with black interior
Ordered 12/30
Est. delivery was originally 2/15-3/15
Updated several times as earliest dates past.
Today was first day for EDD so it will change again
Currently 2/4-2/28
Phoenix
Interesting how others ordered after me have already taken delivery.

Reactions: CSWhite
First post as well, been lurking since I ordered
M3P Blue with black interior
Ordered 12/30
Est. delivery was originally 2/15-3/15
Updated several times as earliest dates past.
Today was first day for EDD so it will change again
Currently 2/4-2/28
Phoenix
Interesting how others ordered after me have already taken delivery.
They don’t like blue cars , I’m in the same boat