Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last edited:
Here I thought that they would give the more expensive paint colors some priority. Silly me :rolleyes:
My other conspiracy theory was paying cash vs financing ;)
They don't like the rare colors, since those lead to smaller batches. There are ten ways to order a M3P (five colors times two interior colors, FSD is software and can be added outside the manufacturing line). There are twenty ways to order a LR (5 colors, 2 interiors, plus 2 wheel options) and similarly twenty ways to order an SR+.

I speculate they try to batch things to make it simpler, so one day they'll make a zillion gray/white/aero LRs. It might take a while until they have enough Red/white M3P orders to turn out a batch of them, but it seems that exact combo just happened, since I've recently seen three deliveries and mine is this weekend. When they do fire up the paint booths for red Ps, they round out whatever size their batch is with LR and RWD red orders.

There are sometimes some odd-seeming line-cutters, where an RWD will shoot out wildly early, which is likely the result of an order cancelation or delivery rejection or rounding out a batch at the factory.

I doubt cash versus finance matters to them, since arranging financing takes minutes/days (so why would they care) and they have zero trouble selling your car to the next person If you cannot get your loan in the final days before your delivery.

• Love
Reactions: lUtriaNt
They don't like the rare colors, since those lead to smaller batches. There are ten ways to order a M3P (five colors times two interior colors, FSD is software and can be added outside the manufacturing line). There are twenty ways to order a LR (5 colors, 2 interiors, plus 2 wheel options) and similarly twenty ways to order an SR+.

I speculate they try to batch things to make it simpler, so one day they'll make a zillion gray/white/aero LRs. It might take a while until they have enough Red/white M3P orders to turn out a batch of them, but it seems that exact combo just happened, since I've recently seen three deliveries and mine is this weekend. When they do fire up the paint booths for red Ps, they round out whatever size their batch is with LR and RWD red orders.

There are sometimes some odd-seeming line-cutters, where an RWD will shoot out wildly early, which is likely the result of an order cancelation or delivery rejection or rounding out a batch at the factory.

I doubt cash versus finance matters to them, since arranging financing takes minutes/days (so why would they care) and they have zero trouble selling your car to the next person If you cannot get your loan in the final days before your delivery.
Yah all makes sense , too bad I don’t like white 😅

Reactions: eakrish
Anybody in here besides me in Texas with a delivery over the next few days? I’ve been trying to reach my SA to see if the recent weather event is causing any delivery delays but he seems to be ghosting me after being very communicative up until I received my VIN. I’m due to pick up tomorrow at 3:00 but haven’t received any additional paperwork in the app to review just yet. Does that literally show up the day of delivery?

Anybody in here besides me in Texas with a delivery over the next few days? I’ve been trying to reach my SA to see if the recent weather event is causing any delivery delays but he seems to be ghosting me after being very communicative up until I received my VIN. I’m due to pick up tomorrow at 3:00 but haven’t received any additional paperwork in the app to review just yet. Does that literally show up the day of delivery?
I have been wondering the same thing since my car is undoubtedly traveling through TX on the way to FL. Delivery still holding at 2/13. I have been in communication with my SA but did not ask specifically about the recent weather. We did discuss moving up the date if it shows early since I have competed everything. I am interested to find out if you pick up tomorrow. We ordered and received our VINs on the same day, same color, etc.

Reactions: cubanian385