Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New EDD of May 6 - June 6….yikes! This seems odd for an order date of 1/25….right?
I have a feeling they received some bad news about part availability. When I ordered, it said March 2022 and now is June-July. You would think they would update the website already for a June estimate. It's much better to give a later date and then pleasantly surprise a customer than the other way around.

I just had to talk to tesla insurance. They said I can’t buy a quote until I have a appointment date. Don’t I have to submit my insurance and make my final payment before I make an appointment? EDD Feb 23-27 and VIN 178XXX
No, you'll be able to make an appointment before final payment made.

I was able to move my delivery to tomorrow :)D), and I'll make my final payment after inspection.

Did you purchase FSD? Just trying to see what options affect expediency.
No FSD. Blue/White

I think it is really difficult to tell jessepotter. When I began following this tread folks with blue vehicles were feeling abandoned. They thought that their color selection was low priority. Eventually, they started to receive deliveries and perhaps I was just lucky to get included in the batch of blue vehicles being made. Then Black/black seemed slower.

Not knowing is very frustrating.

Reactions: jessepotter
FSD plays no part in how fast or slow you get your car.

the date ranges are mostly computer/AI with little human input. your date range will change several times over the next days. lots of sr+/lr models being purchased mostly because of the massive tax credits (with lots of people holding their order until this year). you just have to be patient and move on with your life because worrying why one person gets a newer date who ordered later than you will cause you anxiety. there are a lot of factors that go into the build of these cars.

Just got a date of 4/13 - 5/11! I sure hope it gets here relatively close to that date!
Got an updated EDD of 3/3-3/31!!! WOOT! WOOT! Here's to being optimistic about the closer delivery! Now it might beat my 18" Martian wheels that I ordered for winter driving. Dang, that will kill me to see it in the garage but not be able to drive it when the snow flies.... The Martian's have an EDD of March - April, hopefully they upgrade my delivery time too.