Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes there are bad potholes..... My plan might be to move to 19in (or 18in) for summer and winter tires. I will have my current car (Volvo AWD) for a bit to drive in the snow if needed for the end of this winter.
Interesting similarities. I am currently driving a Volvo XC40, lease up in June. Also, keeping it around for 15 to 30 days. I plan to buy it back from Volvo and sell it to Carmax (at this point). I should make at a few thousand plus and not have to make the monthly payments. Your Winter conditions and temperatures are more severe than Ct. Will you be getting Winter tires? I will lean towards performance because my wife's car is an AWD SUV with Winter tires. Present plan is for 19 wheels and the soon to be released new Michelin high performance all season (aw5 probable name). And if the Parelli/urberturbines do not cut it on my local roads then all seasons might become full seasons. Since my car is leased, I have to return the wheels and tires in good condition.

Thanks for the suggestion. I reached out and got this response:

“Timelines are always shifting, best bet is to continue to be patient as we will update these as quickly as possible to reflect live time movement.”
SA’s don’t know anything. They will have more info once you get a vin assigned. Until then don’t even bother them . This is why they are slow/don’t respond most of the time.

How are the MN roads? Are potholes an issue? I am going for at least flow forged wheels for my off-season tires instead of the uberturbines. I want a specific tire for my climate and would rather get the summer tires. There is no doubt I will be limited at times in using the vehicle for the next four weeks.
I have a similar perspective. I want summer tires for the summer and will swap wheels and tires to something more appropriate for the snow during the winter. I have found the best all seasons are okay at everything, but great at nothing.

2/22 update:

M3P | MSM | black | no FSD
OD: 1/15/22
EDD on website: March 2022
1/16 EDD: Mar 8 - Mar 31
2/1 EDD: Feb 14 - Mar 14
2/6: Received trade-in text
2/15 EDD: Feb 18 - Mar 14
2/16: Received 2nd trade-in text
2/19 EDD: Feb 28 - Mar 28
2/21 EDD: Feb 24 - Mar 6
2/22: Received VIN 195xxx
2/22 EDD: Feb 26 - Mar 1
Delivery to Lynnwood, WA Tesla store

---

Holy schnikes stuffs about to get real... just got my VIN 195xxx !!! Ok, deep breath, just have to arrange financing and some other crap within a few days...

Ceramic tints done! 15 percent all over and 70 percent windshield.
20220221_162519.jpg

Attachments

• 20220221_162508.jpg
    20220221_162508.jpg
    231.7 KB · Views: 42
M3P, white/white, FSD
Delivery: Tesla dealership in Chicago
OD: 1/31/22
Original EDD: March 2022
2/1 updated EDD: May 5 - Jun 2 (not sure what happened here, but I was NOT a happy camper!)
2/5 updated EDD: Mar 9 - Mar 31
2/14 updated EDD: Feb 26 - Mar 23

Today I completed the DIY install of my 240V 6-50 outlet and breaker into my garage subpanel, hoping that will bring a VIN my way soon! 😂

Reactions: Bo_Kristensen